Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

How about "open carrying" while at the field? I find people treat me differently when I have a .40 holstered on my right hip. I'm just saying..........
What field is it that you carry your side arm? I am pretty sure its not the Silver Bowl....LVRC would have you tossed in two seconds.

Now, on to the "Two Gallon Expert" as I call them...we have plenty at my field, they dont bother me much but I have been around longer than most....its my hope that people figure out who is who sooner than later.....
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: scooterinvegas

How about ''open carrying'' while at the field? I find people treat me differently when I have a .40 holstered on my right hip. I'm just saying..........
Try wearing them six shooters in my part of town partner . The cops are the only ones that wear them outside in chicago ,every one else has them hid. lmao joe
Old 04-04-2011, 10:35 AM
dragonov3
My Feedback: (3)

Yikes, I don't usually give advice at our club unless asked. I hope i don't slip up and give unasked for advice, don't want to be shot or get my azz kicked. I didn't realize this hobby was so violent.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Awe..most everyone has a sore azz....haha..!!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
JoshuaDA10
My Feedback: (11)

Here's a way to make it all a little easier to bear.

1. Start flying full scale planes or better yet go be a professional pilot

2.  After suffering the insufferable d-bag know it alls in that arena go back to RC and those guys wont even register by comparison.

I know there are a few of you that can back me up on this.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
larryak
My Feedback: (32)

Funny to see all of this. Actually, all of the people at my club make me happy. Some when they arrive and some when they leave.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
JoshuaDA10
My Feedback: (11)

I'll say this for my field.  I've seen some straight up good sticks flying here, and they are willing to teach to boot. Personally I like it when I bring my Calypso out, and the experienced F3A guys are into it and help me out.   No complaints

Old 04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
eddieC

1. Start flying full scale planes or better yet go be a professional pilot

2.  After suffering the insufferable d-bag know it alls in that arena go back to RC and those guys wont even register by comparison.
True dat !  [X(] 
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

OK gents, its called the "pick and roll". When Mr. Expert starts explaining why your airplane couldn't possibly fly correctly, start walking to another pilot station, nod for MR. E to come along. As soon as you are near any other airplane or any other pilot, just make a random comment about the ariplane or ask any question about the universe. As Mr. E engages mouth and expounds his wisdom upon the new and unsuspecting victim, you walk away.

As a bonus, it is fun and it is funny.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

One of my clubs is really small, 45 members, we dont have a Mr Know it All yet.
I am not complaining, please dont send yours, we are just peachy without him.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

What can I say?? I was just wondering if any of you guys have that (one) guy thats knows everything?, been there done that type of guy? We have one at our field, Im not gonna call him out but seriouslly? This guy has NO clue in my opinion, he has next to no exsperianc but constantlly telling everyone how they need to fly there plane. Im allmost to the point of joining another club just to get away from it. So how bout I know that theres got to be more than one out there. Dont get me wrong I like the guy but cant be around him for long periods of time.

yeah we have a guy like that...he cant even fly his own planes. im usually one of the guys that does him the favor. I just say, "go away your bothering me" he listens, he barks like a lil chihuahua, but knows better than to mess with a big dog.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I think a few more of you fellas need to work on your selective hearing skills. I can have a goober jawing at me and not even know it half the time, but I'll pick up on an interesting conversation 50 feet away with no problem. It's a true gift that I have, and I'm thankful for it.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: joebahl

Try wearing them six shooters in my part of town partner . The cops are the only ones that wear them outside in chicago ,every one else has them hid. lmao joe
Reason #391 why I don't live in Chaicago!

Here in Nevada, EVERYONE carries a gun. A few year back, three punks from LA came up here and tryed to rob a bar. They walked in with there guns drawn. Two of died in the bar an the third is still in prison, after getting out of the hospital of coarse.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

I guess it could be worse. Imagine a beginner that keeps breaking planes one after another, half the time blaming something else, and he refuses to listen to anyone and everyone that wants to lend a helping hand?
The hobby started long before internet and forums for resources. You learned from others. Some take it too far, but that's life. Be glad he's not your boss you have to deal with on a daily basis and keep smiling on top of it. Worse yet, you could end up married.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
joebahl

We had a old timer that would give us directions on every thing . 1 he never brought a plane to the field 2 he never brought any thing to the meetings . 3 when he did show up 4 or 5 of us left before he got out of his truck. I fly off of water most of the summer so i dont run into him any more and i have not seen him at the meetings . Maybe some one buryied him at the field and no ones missed him yet ,including his wife.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
tomfiorentino

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

OK gents, its called the "pick and roll". When Mr. Expert starts explaining why your airplane couldn't possibly fly correctly, start walking to another pilot station, nod for MR. E to come along. As soon as you are near any other airplane or any other pilot, just make a random comment about the ariplane or ask any question about the universe. As Mr. E engages mouth and expounds his wisdom upon the new and unsuspecting victim, you walk away.

As a bonus, it is fun and it is funny.
This also works well for horseflies buzzing your head. Just walk over to someone else, duck quickly, and back out the same way you came in. Works every time!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
scooterinvegas

OK, paintball gun!

NO?

Don't brush your teeth be before going to the field. Talk real loud and close to his face.

NO

While he is talking, study his face and chest when he is looking you in the face. Them stare into his eyes for a sec and then blow him a kiss. He will NEVER talk to you again.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 PM
tonyob

Funny to see all of this. Actually, all of the people at my club make me happy. Some when they arrive and some when they leave.
Good one!

We have a guy at our field who can't help himself, he just has to fiddle with his equipment. And talk and talk about it. Then he flies and invariably something fails. I just shut up and fly while he fiddles. He isn't a bad guy, some of the conversations with him are good. I just take his tips with a grain of salt.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

windjunkie

CHIM in here because this person they are talking about is TOTALY YOU !!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Wait until he's the club president like happened here.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Desertlakesflying

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

windjunkie

CHIM in here because this person they are talking about is TOTALY YOU !!!!!!!!

Actually reading your posts would lead me to that conclusion. What a douche. Stop being a troll. You were wrong in your "3d airframe for a Saito 82" post too.

-edit- ACTUALLY............now that I've had two seconds to think about it, you have to be him zachary.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
joebahl

Kids .kids lets not fight now ,it was all going well till he got his eye pocked out. lmao
Old 04-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Desertlakesflying

Just not a big fan of people like that.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Lynn1953

More please - this is hilarius. After 30+ years at this I'm like a couple of the others - just leave them alone - but don't let them screw up the newbies. Sometimes it's fun tho' to mess with them covertly.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
cfircav8r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen the polar opposite of this. A father and son (both adults) that would get any and every free plane or part of plane and cobble them together into a new plane. Now dont get me wrong i'm all for recycling, but these two had no clue about engineering or aerodynamics. They would bring some down right dangerous planes out to fly, and after every flyer there said "do not fly that plane until you fix/change/modify etc... they would proceed to destroy the plane and endanger everyone there. I don't think they ever did learn, but fortunitely they did move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.