Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

3D airplanes made in the USA, ARFS

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

3D airplanes made in the USA, ARFS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Freddy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D airplanes made in the USA, ARFS

I would like to buy an American made 3D ARF, wing span, from 40" to80" with American made speed control electric motor lipo batteries radial servos. Why don't we make them? The point is our work force. Any comments out there? It seems to me, Asia rules.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: 3D airplanes made in the USA, ARFS

Government is not the solution to the problem.....government IS the problem, not to mention unions.

That's the only real answer out there. Because of government's cowardice toward environuts, and our outrageous tax system it is impossible. Then you have unions who want to come in and make companies provide outlandish pay and benefits with money that doesn't exist.

Look at what's happening to Boeing right now. Do you really think an RC company would be able to withstand something like that?

It's really simple and if you union folk don't like what I have to say too bad.

I had to take a pay cut because my private employer was paying us more, and providing us better benefits for less than the union people were making on a highway project. I have family members who have had their pensions sold out by union bosses, and now struggle to even make ends meet after 30 years in the union. I think unions are bad for business and bad for workers.

Bottom line.....The government and unions have made it impossible in every way.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With minimum wage at over $7 an hour, how much do you think an American made airplane would cost?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

there are several kits you can find, Ohio Model Products comes to mind.

Both Spektrum and Extreme Power Systems (XPS) are engineered in the States

Thunder power batteries are made in the USA

Caestle Creations ESC's are USA made

Neu motors are USA made

I'm sure if you look, others are out there
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Freddy!

Check where the parts come From,First
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As Mike pointed out, U.S. wages killed the old Made in the U.S.A. long ago. when inflation started going up the U.S. manufactures started going out of country. Clothing made in Mexico was tried, I even have a kit built plane with the made in Mexico stamped in the wood.. I have old wrenches with made in India on them. Japan was our main importer for a long time and there wages went up along with U.S. wages and they have been using China to manufacture for years too. China is the number one manufacture in the world now. They are also the most polluted country in the world due to there lacking of anything like the EPA. The cost for making products without polluting in the U.S.A. would be beyond our scope. I tried to fight it by buying nothing but products from the U.S. but it was a loosing Battle as our manufacturing left this country. Look and see who out national debt is owed to, the U.S. is owned by China. You can fight it but you will be going naked and bare foot unless you are a person of wealth. It gives me a case of the ass but thems the facts. I don't see anything getting better any time soon. Look what happened when the gov. tried to limit the union bargaining rights and lower some wages.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

this is all true. however we can at least still get a us manufactured kits ( sig) balsa usa ect. and hardware from dubro which 95% of there product is manufactured right in illinois. i think the long term benefit of arfs from asia which the prices are going up. may result in more kit building. so i guess its just something were gonna halve to deal with. we are still very fortunate to have the freedoms we do. ok i will get off the soap box now. happy flying. andrew wisc.