Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Skis on Trainer

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Skis on Trainer

Old 08-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Cessna26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skis on Trainer

I might want to get a trycle pair or skis but i do not know if the snow has to be grommed hard or what. I also would like to know if the engine would work in about 20 to 40f. I have a avistar trainer.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Skis on Trainer

All the engines seem to work well. Some start harder than others. I tend to run a little hotter fuel in the winter. Skis can be put on almost anything. There are lots of ways of mounting them. I tend to make them from scratch. Store bought ones are not always the greatest. Friends make them from many things, wood, glass, plastic, rain gutter material. holding them on is the hard part. The back can go on the gear you have, the front can have a special mount made or a wire going straight across that the nose gear goes into, but that usually makes a nice brake. Do a search on skis for mounting ideas. If you can't come up with a good one, email me and I will help you out.

You can get off almost any snow, unless it is really wet or really deep powder. Touch and goes in fresh powder is as enjoyable as touch and goes on floats.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:07 AM
Cessna26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skis on Trainer

ya the new pair of skis costs 30 total for trycle. Do you have any other suggestions for the materal. How would you make it out of gutters with such a small plane i have.