Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fuel Tank setup

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel Tank setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:43 PM
kidkadet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank setup

I recently replace the firewall in my extra. While I was at it I changed the fuel tank to a larger tank. I went with a three line set up. one for vent one with clunk and one bent toward the bottom for fill line. I went out to the field today for a test flight but had problems. I tried to fill the tank through the filler line and it seemed to be restricted. I the removed the cowl and pulled the line off the carb and filled the tank when it was full and had fuel coming out of vent I unplugged the pump and fuel shot out of the carb line indicating that the tank had pressure on it. Tried to start the engine and it fired but quickly ran out of fuel in line (tank is still full at this point). Before I go through the trouble of pulling the tank out does anyone know what may be wrong
Old 08-15-2003, 12:34 AM
kidkadet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank setup

Solved my own problem. Took the tank out and found the vent was too long and touched the top of the tank. Also the fill line was plugged with the rubber from when I pushed it through the stopper. I have not tried fueling it but I am sure that was the problem