Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:56 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Very nice, A great candidate to put two power 160 electric motors in.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 AM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

hi tenacious
so i been gone for awhile anything ever become of the lose plane ,i know they gave you some money,anything else happen? thanks rye
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

greyhound at it again
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._lnk3%7C114647
Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
foodstick

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would drove it in myself at that point !!!

What a rotten bit of luck those guys had..
Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Had to post this one. Man dies on Greyhound bus and they don't bother to tell the family. His body sits in a morgue for a month!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...y-a-month.html
Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 AM
tenacious101010

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share some good news. I recently spoke with a Greyhound Rep and Greyhound now scans and tracks packages! I am so glad to hear this, they also have increased the distance they will insure packages. I recently sold a plane and at buyers request, shipped it Greyhound and had no problems. What was different this time, I only accepted a money Order for Payment, not PayPal, Greyhound scanned and tracked the package and...... the buyer actually went and got the package within a couple days of it arriving! Imagine that, the buyer actually going to get the package within weeks of its arrival! Things are looking up for Greyhound in my opinion. I will now shipGreyhound since tehy finally have some control of their shipping process. Oh, anyone going to Perry? I may have space to bring a plane or two back to Florida.
Denny
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share some good news. I recently spoke with a Greyhound Rep and Greyhound now scans and tracks packages! I am so glad to hear this, they also have increased the distance they will insure packages. I recently sold a plane and at buyers request, shipped it Greyhound and had no problems. What was different this time, I only accepted a money Order for Payment, not PayPal, Greyhound scanned and tracked the package and...... the buyer actually went and got the package within a couple days of it arriving! Imagine that, the buyer actually going to get the package within weeks of its arrival! Things are looking up for Greyhound in my opinion. I will now shipGreyhound since tehy finally have some control of their shipping process. Oh, anyone going to Perry? I may have space to bring a plane or two back to Florida.
Denny
This could be good news for shipping planes. I have had one shipped Greyhound and was cheap and in good condition. I did have to stay on top of the shipping and contacting Greyhound. That was quite time consuming, yet for me it worked. Can the customer track or would you need to contact Greyhound and have them track for you?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Warbirdguy

Hey Denny, that sounds great! I have used them alot in the past but after what you went through, I had to rethink how I ship. I too have stopped taking paypal from persons I dont know. I have a friend in my area that sold a turbine to who he thought was in Florida but turns out he lives out of country and only used a shipping complany in Florida. He paid with paypal and now says he never got the engine, then he said he did and it was a mix up with the bank, excuses on and on but basically, my friend is out $2500 and will probably never see it cause PayPal backed up the purchaser even though, as you did, he had all the emails and shipping tracking numbers to back up his claim, they still went with the buyer.

Anyways, Im sure your plane you originaly sold is either in your customers garage or ended up in one of those unclaimed baggage sales somewhere.

Who knows. But at least maybe the exposure from forums like this one finally put enough pressure on Greyhound to change the way they do business.

I have a byron F16 that I will be shipping when sold and will give greyhound another shot

Jamie aka WBG
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM
iron eagel

Maybe your complaints being on the web had something to do with their decision to make improvements.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Avaiojet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe I mentioned this before.

I have a "Trucker" friend that travels I-95, from Florida to Boston.

As long as you can meet this trucker at a truck stop on I-95, she'll bring the model along, for a fee.

She'll only meet modelers with airplanes or whatever at truck stops on I-95. Anything other than that, don't even ask.

Charles
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Warbirdguy

Hey Charles, years ago I purchased a df jet from a guy ...seems like virgina??? anyways, he set up me to meet a lady truck driver on I 40 just outside Nashville. Was right on time and all went well. Maybe the same lady? I can not recal her name.

WBG
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Avaiojet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

Hey Charles, years ago I purchased a df jet from a guy ...seems like virgina??? anyways, he set up me to meet a lady truck driver on I 40 just outside Nashville. Was right on time and all went well. Maybe the same lady? I can not recal her name.

WBG

WBG,

She only does I-95. Not the same person.

Charles
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Warbirdguy

Kinda figured that. But its nice to find someone in the trucking industry that dont mind helping a brother out every now and then and make them a little pocket change

Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 PM
tenacious101010

I am glad Greyhound is now an option for me. I took a plane recently to FED EX, they quoted $160.00 for shipping, Greyhound wanted $60. The plane arrived safe and sound. The best thing about Greyhound, other than the price is, the way they handle the plane. It isnt stacked under tons of other boxes and only gets handled by hand a few times. I have never had anything damaged of the 10 or 12 planes I have sent Greyhound. Now that they can track packages and the fact I no longer take paypal, I will begin using them again.
Denny
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

After all the bad mouthing of Greyhound for how long in this thread.... ? I'm truly glad you guys are beginning to see the light.

Even before the so called upgrade in shippingprotocol.... greyhound is and always was the way to go. After more than a half dozen shipments personally,
all on time and without as much as a dent in the crate/box, not to mention the all the others that I personally know that have had greatsuccessshippingGSplanesusing them,its about time this thread came around and redeemed Greyhound.

As for them changing the way they do business because of this thread...hmmm don't we feel special ..... LMAO

Are they or will they ever be perfect? very doubtful, no carrier is.
But as for a cheap, reliable source for getting a large package across the continent...greyhound can not be beat.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 AM
tenacious101010

LMAO! Now thats funny! The more I learn about humans, the more they scare me
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 AM
wahoo

You have a lot to learn then huh ?

people scare me too.....
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wahoo
After all the bad mouthing of Greyhound for how long in this thread.... ? I'm truly glad you guys are beginning to see the light.
I do wonder if you would have this same opinion if you had some of the problems that many of these other folks have shared that are out of a lot of money and have no planes?

I had very good luck with Greyhound, yet I only had one plane shipped to me that way. Now was it trouble free? Absolutely not. I had to stay on the shipment every step of the way and the terminal was often in the dark about it. It all depended on who you talked to if you were going to get any assistance.

I figured the way around this was to get to know someone working at the terminal. I was able to connect with a person at the terminal into keeping an ever watching eye out for it and consistantly going over or getting someone to go and look for a "large box" about such and such a size.

The first thing I did was got the lady's name and I would consistantly ask for her when I called so that she was "in the know" about what I was looking for and also felt that she was truly helping me get in getting my package.

I called her each day until she knew me well enough that when a package that large came in she immediately contacted me, otherwise I am not so sure my experience would have been a good one. This is just my experience with one plane shipped via Greyhound.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 AM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: wahoo
I do wonder if you would have this same opinion if you had some of the problems that many of these other folks have shared that are out of a lot of money and have no planes?

I had very good luck with Greyhound, yet I only had one plane shipped to me that way. Now was it trouble free? Absolutely not. I had to stay on the shipment every step of the way and the terminal was often in the dark about it. It all depended on who you talked to if you were going to get any assistance.

I figured the way around this was to get to know someone working at the terminal. I was able to connect with a person at the terminal into keeping an ever watching eye out for it and consistantly going over or getting someone to go and look for a "large box" about such and such a size.

The first thing I did was got the lady's name and I would consistantly ask for her when I called so that she was "in the know" about what I was looking for and also felt that she was truly helping me get in getting my package.

I called her each day until she knew me well enough that when a package that large came in she immediately contacted me, otherwise I am not so sure my experience would have been a good one. This is just my experience with one plane shipped via Greyhound.

Like I've said, no shipping outfit is 100% perfect, therefore ya roll the dice and take yer chances. I'm not going through this world with blinders mind you, but as for me and many others, greyhound is the cheapest and most reliabe source of shipping giant scale planes out there. Granted I wouldn't use their service for smaller arf style airframes, but then again I will not start a thread bad mouthing UPS and/or FedEx for their handling of the merchandise I've recieved in the past. Smashed wings, crushed fuselages ect. I should have taken pictures of the one box I recieved with three boot prints on it. It was a .40 sized airframe too. Will I or should I ever consider not using that service again ? Sure, but some vendors leave me little choice, will I complain about it ? Yup. Would it do me any good to launch a tirade against them for their disrespect of my merchandise ? I highly doubt it, butaccording to some, all the shipping companies our watching these threads and as soon as they see that people are dissatisfied, they will change their evil ways and start handling just our RC products with the care they so well deserve.

Hey, it all boils down to this...use what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, just like servos, batteries and everything else that makes this hobby great.