Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Found plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 02:16 AM
Bob Parker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found plane

I lost my plane in the corn last week about 300 yards out. The first time I went out couldn`t even see where I was going, I`m 5-9in. and corn is 7ft. Three of us went in with a flag on a pole and a walkie so the pilot back at the pits could guide us, about 45min. later we found it.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:13 AM
huggins

Default Found plane

I'm glad you found your plane. I keep an old Boy Scout compass in my box for just such occasions. I just take a bearing and walk, staying my course. Last year a fellow club member lost one in the corn and had spent two days looking for it. When he arrived at the field that Saturday on told us of his woes, I gave him my compass and he headed to the stalks again. Fifteen minute later, he returned with his plane. Walking diagonally across a corn field you have absolutely no reference of direction and it is impossible to walk a straight line.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Jim C.

Default Found plane

... you think two days is long... i lost one of mine for a month. walked like 5 miles everyday looking for it. the field had a big valley like 3/4 of a mile or so away, and when it disappeard i just figured that it was done so i quit flying... unbeknownst to me it wasnt, and it kept flying untill the corn trees took it out. it was like a 1/2 a mile in the oppisite direction of where i thought it went down... (i have no idea how it turned 180*) but luckily the only damage was a servo lead, and some corrosion on the motor from being stuck in the mud. plane itself was trashed.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:18 AM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Default Found plane

Speaking of finding things in the corn....

Well, we don't have much (or any) corn near our field here in GA but we do have some heavy underbrush. A couple of weeks ago we were out in the brush looking for a muffler that fell off a friend's plane and after about an hour we found it. Sitting on the ground not two feet from that one was another muffler. It was the one he lost LAST year and we couldn't find! Like attracts like?? :spinnyeye
Old 08-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Bob Parker
My Feedback: (18)

Default Plane found

I`m glad we all found what we went looking for. Huggins do you happen to belong to the Huntington club?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:17 PM
fwman1
My Feedback: (22)

Default Who would have thunk it?

I heard some guy named Maynard Hill lost his plane over the ocean, and the AMA President found it a long way from where it was seen last. It was lost about the same length of time Lindberg was. Life is strange....