Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Inverted Satio won't run right, help needed

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Inverted Satio won't run right, help needed

Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
jaj333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inverted Satio won't run right, help needed

I have a new Satio 82A mounted inverted in a Extra 300. I even put onboard glow starter that comes on at a little above idle. Flew it once and it wasn't very impressive. Ever since then it won't run right. Today I unhooked the on board glow and ran it on the stand with a regular glow starter. It will run, but just blowing through fuel. If you try to lean it up even a little it quits. Could my tank be to high. This is my first experience if the engine inverted. Fuel is the same I run in my other Satios and they run fine. Any help would be apprieciated.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:43 PM
davidgeorge212

Default RE: Inverted Satio won't run right, help needed

I have only tried to run one of my saitos inverted and I had quite a bit of trouble getting a good run on it. Then tank position seems like its very critical when you have the engine inverted. If its too high, the engine had the tendancy to flood with fuel. If its too low, it had a hard time starting because the fuels got to pump up hill. I finally got my tank positioned perfectly level with the carb and I started getting decent runs on it.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:01 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one inverted and the tank is a little high which causes the draw mentioned, what I did was to put a loop in the fuel line that goes higher than the carb and it tookm care of mine, a lot easier than trying to repostion the tank in my model
Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM
The Ghost

Sounds like you still don't have the engine tuned correctly, go [link=http://saito-engines.info/throttle_setup.html]HERE[/link] for full setup instructions.

Cheers
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 PM
jaj333

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Sounds like you still don't have the engine tuned correctly, go [link=http://saito-engines.info/throttle_setup.html]HERE[/link] for full setup instructions.

Cheers

I agree.

Pete
Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 7 saito's, all inverted. No problems. Break them in and tune them right and they'll be your most reliable engines. Without being there I wouldnt be much help. Tank position DOES make a difference. But if your carb center line is within a half inch of the tank center line, you're usually good. The saito's have pretty good fuel draw.
Edwin
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 AM
jetmech05

Ran a 180 inverted with an on board glow programed to go off at about a 1/4 throttle and higher.....no probs
Make sure you have the correct glow plug...make sure your on board glow is on at low power...and that your mixture is correct....sounds like you're "drowning" the glow plug
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
jaj333

Well I tried rerunning my fuel lines above the carb. Didn't help. First Ifound the on board glow isn't working. I put my glow starter on it and it will run very rich. Second you remove glow starter is starts crapping out. Carb needing is set about 3 turns out. I think I am drowning the glow plug. Tank must be to high.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 AM
jetmech05

If you remove the glow stick and it dies...you are way out on the tunning
Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or if you remove the glow driver and it dies, it could be a bad glow plug..... Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try turning the plane upside down and see if it runs the way it should. If it runs good you probably have a fuel draw problem, causing you to tune it wrong. ENJOY !!! RED