Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Haunted RX stops receiving signal after sitting on haunted table untouched for 4 hours

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Haunted RX stops receiving signal after sitting on haunted table untouched for 4 hours

Old 08-14-2011, 11:46 AM
lasllamasvuelan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haunted RX stops receiving signal after sitting on haunted table untouched for 4 hours

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";}</style>

This morning everything worked fine.I hooked up the whole system, and everything was normal except one motor was rotating backwards, so I switched two of the three contacts on the brushless motor unplugged everything and now 4 hours later, nothing works. Between two motors, two speed controllers, and two fully charged lipos, the only thing Iget is a bit of servo movement upon connecting the battery, it is as if there is no communication between the motors and the tx.I think everything is fine up until the rx, because the servos are getting power, via the speed controller which is getting power from the lipo that powers the speed controller and the motor. Any suggestions as to what might cause an rx to stop getting a signal from a tx with fresh batteries in it? Me and my friend are building an airplane for the first time, so if anyone has any idea please suggest it as we may be overlooking some simple common thing, Thank you for your help.

Marc

The tx is a Dynam Racon X6 , as is the rx ( http://rc-help.com/files/RACON_X6.pdf )

Old 08-14-2011, 12:44 PM
huck1199

Default RE: Haunted RX stops receiving signal after sitting on haunted table untouched for 4 hours

Check the "Y" between the ECS's and make sure it is pluged into the throttle channel.  You might test the "Y" by eliminating it - plug the ECS's into the Throttle channel one at a time and see if each is working. If so, the "Y" may be at fault. 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
lasllamasvuelan

Default RE: Haunted RX stops receiving signal after sitting on haunted table untouched for 4 hours

No go. WIth or without Y im getting the same results, no matter the combination of ESC's or motors. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
huck1199

Try another RX???
Old 08-14-2011, 01:28 PM
lasllamasvuelan

Thanks, that would be the optimal solution, however I dont have a second one, and I don't know anyone at all who even has an RC airplane, let alone one who has an extra rx laying around.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:34 PM
huck1199

I suggest you join a club and get some help. Here is one near you -

Ralph Steeves
AROOSTOOK COUNTY FLYERS
188 FORT FAIRFIELD RD
PRESQUE ISLE ME 04786
Phone: 207.764.4963

Old 08-14-2011, 02:40 PM
lasllamasvuelan

Isent Ralph an e-mail about 2 hours ago, and called him and got an answering machine, but what I woudl really like is jus tto know which part has died so Ican buy something to replace it. The closest hobby shop to my house is a 3 horu drive south or it will involve a foray into canada with pasports and duty and outrageous vengeful usd to canadian exchange rates.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 PM
huck1199

I would dump the TX and RX and get a Futaba or Spectrum setup.  Did you buy the plane with the TX and RX included?  If so, I would get a refund if possible and go with a trainer and radio set from a reputable company.  Cheap stuff will not help you learn to fly and just cause a lot of frustration and you will quit the hobby.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
lasllamasvuelan

Building the airplane from scratch, foam and fiberglass 1/20th scale A-10 warthog. TX/RX bought usedon ebay, though they appear to be of some quality, htough Iam totally unexperienced. in what is quality and what is not. So from yoru post Im thinking tha tyou are sure tah **** a bad rx or bad tx?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
huck1199

Yeah, I doubt both ESC's went bad at once.  Also it is best to learn to fly with an experienced trainer pilot.  You will crash and ruin your plane if you have no flight experience.  The best course is to join a club and get help with equipment choices and learning to fly. Good luck and have fun. If you do it as I suggest you will enjoy this hobby rather than encounter problem after problem.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:18 AM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

if your servos work when you power the system on ,then you know that those channels are fine.take a servo that you know works and plug it into the throttle channel to see if it works there.to power the receiver plug your speed controller to an open channel with
the motors disconnected so they will not throttle up.plug your battery to the speed controller.if the servo works you know
that the problem is either the speed controller or motors.if the speed controller is programmable,double check that.
if the servo on the throttle channel does not work then you have a receiver or radio problem.
hope this helps