Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop Hub

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
aframe2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Hub

I have a Zenoah g-26. I have a trueturn prop hub and adaptor kit that supposedly will let me install this hub. I have tried every combination known to man and it can't be done. The hex head cap screw protrudes in every application. Can someone show me a schematic on how this all goes together? Thanks, Aframe2
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Prop Hub

Are you asking about a spinner and adapter?? Or the bolt with a threaded spinner adapter? I don't have a 23 or 26 on hand but I do have a G-62 I could photograph for you with a spinner on it but there are a couple od ways to attach the spinner.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that you're talking about a spinner, and you have a long screw but need a short screw. They sell them for an arm and a leg, or you can bring the screw down to Ace hardware or some other place that sells individual screws and find some shorter ones.

Maybe you can go on Tru-turn's site and find the size? They do sell spare parts. Once you know the size, can buy locally or even online for cheap.

Ok go here: http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...aparts&maxp=30

It's a 10-32 screw, but I forget if any 10-32 head will fit inside the cone?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just use all thread cut to size, a nut and washer to hold the prop and back plate then the adapter but that's just for a spinner. It's a HUB I'm wondering about. A photo would help.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:46 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the Ace hardware suggestion. Ace has thread gauges, so you just need to bring your cap screw with you. Use the guage to find the size, and then buy a screw of the proper length.