Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need a new plane!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need a new plane!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Honda_S2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new plane!!!!

well guys last week was a sad week for me. i totaled one of my planes on my birthday Well i am now thinking of getting an Xtra Wot from ChrisFoss. Does anyone have this plane???? any +'s or -'s ????
I am in need of a aerobatic plane and have about 400 pounds to spend on it. (that 400 needs to cover engine, servos,and kit).
Any help would be great.
-Adam
Old 08-20-2003, 03:33 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

CHeck out the Bobcat from Cermark. It comes with a TT .40 and servos for $170. Just add a receiver and you're in business!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:15 AM
Honda_S2000

the .40 seems a little small for what i am looking at. I was looking at a model that would take a .80 - 1.20 2 stroke or a 1.20 - 1.80 4 stroke. I would like to build this kit as my last ARTF kit was pretty poor quality.
thanks for anyhelp in advance.
Adam
Old 08-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Spaceclam

first of all, you want to get a flight pack. they contain a battery, reciever, servos and all mounting hardware. you will not get the size plane you are looking for for around 400 pounds, you will need to spend a lot more than that. if you are a sport flyer and aren't into eye-crossing stunts, you want a plane like an edge 540, extra, giles 202, stuff like that (don't get a cap 231, 231 ex or 232, they have really bad habbits) If you are into those eye-crossing ssstunts like i am, get a 3d plane. some planes say 3d, but the only real 3d planes are the ones with rediculously large control surfaces. about the artf, (arf) i think you just chose the wrong one. If you choose the cheaper ones, you will notice a severe lack in quality. Great planes, hangar 9, kyosho, and othe such companies are really good. you will not be dissappointed with their quality, it will be mush better than you or anybody could do themselves.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:08 AM
Honda_S2000

yea i was thinking about the edge 540. looks a very nice plane. I'm not in to eye-crossing stunts but i do like to play (as most of us do). I am looking really for a reliable plane and engine that is good quality and fun to fly.

I was thinking about getting a scale model. they look great on the floor and in the air if you have the right motor etc but you cant do any flick roles, bunts and other moves.

I will soon be taking my "B" certificate. in the UK that means we are confident and we can fly at displays.
When i crashed my Home Run (black horse kit... don't get one they are poor quality) it was a battery, RX or TX problem. i was doing a 2 consecutive roles up wind but lost it as it went inverted and it hit the floor pretty hard

I have got all the flight pack... servos etc.. all i need to do is get the plane and the engine.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Honda_S2000

oh ... and what are the bad habbits of the cap 231, 231 ex or 232 ?????
Old 08-24-2003, 05:22 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

You mean a snaphappycap, they have pretty bad snap tendencies @ low speeds.

Gil
Old 08-24-2003, 06:29 AM
3DFanatic

of the 2, the 231 EX is better... slightly.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Spaceclam

just don't get one. caps also do a nose-down tuck when rudder is applied. they tumble very well though.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:25 PM
3DFanatic

Spaceclam, I refer to your avatar photo... Why do you have one?
Old 08-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Spaceclam

because at the time, all i knew was it is a common toc plane, and it looked really good, and for about $200, why not? keep in mind, i am only 13, and so $200 seems like a lot to me, while in reality it is not a lot of money. These planes tumble really well, i can get it to literally to lomshevaks upside down in that thing. knife edge spins and flat spins are easy. But, now as i demand more from it, put it through more, and look to expand on my skills, i find it very limiting now, and i am saving up for that 65 inch extra from extreme flight that isn't even on the market yet. Do extras snap roll when you wall them?
Old 08-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Honda_S2000

I'm a bit like spaceclam. I'm only 17 and i have a part time job. i have saved up for this money and it has taken me quite a while.

I am a speed freak... i like my planes to be a little over powered. but then i love the slow maneuverability of them as well.
like my WOT 4 Classic... i have an .64 in there and i can bring that in over the runway inverted at just a little bit over idle throttle.