Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SAITO 100 PROBLEM

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SAITO 100 PROBLEM

Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Jim Elliott
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAITO 100 PROBLEM

MY SAITO 100 HAS STARTED TO DIE WHEN THE GLO IGNITER IS REMOVED. I TRIED PUTTING IN A NEW PLUG, BUT IT DIDN'T HELP. WE ALSO TRIED REMOVING THE LOW SPEED NEEDLE AND BLOWING INTO THE CARB. NO LUCK THERE EITHER. NO STUCK VALVES EITHER.. IT RUNS FINE WITH THE GLO IGNITER ON, BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT WON'T WORK. ANY THOUGHTS? WOULD BE APPRECIATED. JIM
Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: SAITO 100 PROBLEM

when an engine dies with the glow driver removed is a classic sign of a tunning problem.....do you fly with anyone that is a 4 stroke ace?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 AM
delman

What glow plug are you using? It normally would be the plug or bad fuel. I use OS-F plugs in my Saito's. You might borrow a tank of fuel from another flyer to check it out.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was running fine then just started having a problem it is usually a plug problem. I have also found bad plugs, not new plugs but usually plugs I have removed for some reason then put back in my plug holder. OS F plug. I have never run into bad fuel but I live in an area with almost no humidity.I have one of those ear flushing bulbs you buy in drug stores that I have set up with a fuel line system on the end. I pull the needle valve out and back flush with it, good pressure. Once in a while they do require a valve adjustment too. Just sounds like a plug problem.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:14 AM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

I can confirm that fuel that has become contaminated with water will cause a Saito to die at idle when the glow starter is removed.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Arrow IV

I agree with Delman and JPMacG, Saito is somewhat famous for being picky on the fuel. Saito makes great engines, so the most likely suspects are the Plug and Fuel. One of my friends runs a few Saitos and is always buying new fuel, good for me running OS, lots of free fuel!