Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Super Coverite and Dope.

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Super Coverite and Dope.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Coverite and Dope.

I have used this combo before with sucess and it stood up quite well. Haven't done one for a while, any new thoughts on application. ?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:14 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you have some super coverite stashed away about the only way you can get it now is in small sheets. SIG Koverall is about the best now . I can almost smell the dope ! Smells better than Napalm in the morning ! MAX H.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Max,
It's back, found some in Canada and found out that it is available in both the small and 15 foot rolls. My local hobby shop ordered me two large rolls, think he got it from Horizon. I did a wing last night and this works just as good as the old stuff in spite of what I had heard to the contrary. I have shot dope right on the painted permagloss or what ever they called it for trim. Don't like the painted stuff, doesn't go on as well or stick like Super Coverite.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
big max 1935

Glad to hear the rolls are back .He probably got it from Great Planes , now if they would come up with the Silk-spun again I would probably wet my pants. Maybe not quite that far , but close!! MAX H.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:29 AM
big max 1935

Blackhawk:Looked in latest Great Planes dealers catalog & all they show is Super Coverite is 38" X 45" sheets in white & antique, you either got some old stock or maybe Horizon is selling something similar. MAX H.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:59 AM
2 Piece
My Feedback: (8)

Max H, Coverite Super white is now available again in the 4'x15' rolls. Towers web part number is LXB237 @ $39.99. A few weeks ago they had it listed on their inventory reduction sale page @ $33.00 a roll- so I bought 6 rolls. Some have said the adhesive has changed, but other than that it looks like the good ole Super Shrink White.
2 Piece
Old 08-23-2003, 11:49 AM
big max 1935

2 Piece: I hope you got the good old stuff. If they are having a inventory reduction sale kind of sends up a flag for me , no more after it's gone. If the adhesives bad it only means they found something cheaper. Don't know why Great Planes don't list it ,they & Tower sleep in the same bed. Good luck with your covering . MAX H.