Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dave Brown Products

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dave Brown Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Discharger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Brown Products

Does anyone know if DBP is still in business or have they closed up shop? I ordered one of their special cut spinners over a month ago but not a peep from them. Also no reply to emails. I wonder what gives?
Old 09-16-2011, 02:03 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dave Brown Products

Dave Brown Products has never done well with communication. You order, hear nothing, but the products show up.

I'm guessing that since you don't live in the USA, your order is caught in customs, or transit errors.

I would not assume that just because you have not heard anything, that the company has closed. That's how rumors start.

https://www.dbproducts.com/home.htm
Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Discharger

Thanks for your reply Tom and for your insight to DBP's customer relations attitudes. As my credit card has not yet been charged I can only imagine my job is still pending. Who knows? I live in Western Australia, mostly referred to as WA which also implies "wait awhile"! So, maybe I should know better! As for any potential rumors that may arise, DBP must take responsibility for their own inactions.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd call them. A lot of our better hobby suppliers are small operations that focus on product instead of putting on a good face for customers. Sometimes to get the best stuff we have to "help" them provide good service to us.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:49 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Discharger I to suspect there is no issues with the company. I for example use his engine mounts almost exclusively however I have never purchased direct from them. It has always been through Tower Hobbies.

Not defending the companys customer service only I just suspect that the bulk of their products are marketed through Tower and their own customer service may not be on a par with Tower.

Of course there may be an ongoing shipment/customs issue going on but not likely since your card has not been charged.

Perhaps you may want to try Tower who does ship international and has a track record for international sales.

John
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

There was a Dave Brown Products booth at this years Toledo Trade Show. Both Dave and Sally
were there. That was back in April. They are probably just slow, or out of stock. Greg
Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
KW_Counter

I've always wondered; is this the same Dave Brown
that led AMA?
Thanks,
KW_Counter
Old 09-18-2011, 05:09 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes indeed and the same well known Dave Brown from the Pre Turnaround pattern days.

John
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Oberst
Banned

If you can't get Dave Brown then I'd call Tru-Turn. The owner is a nice guy and he'll custom make a cone for a little more than the average price you see at Tower. I had a custom made 3-blade 2 1/2" Cone for a 15x7 prop made for a short shaft 1983 O.S. for around $65 including the shipping. It also comes already balanced.

Pete
Old 09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Redback

My last order from Tower to Australia took forever! Reckon customs people are all model boat builders

Terry
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Discharger

Oh ho hum, still waiting to hear from DBP when I might get my spinner. Not so much as a peep but then it's only around 6 weeks since I sent my order. Maybe I'm impatient? I sent another email but no answer was the stern reply. Maybe someone local could look in their window to see if they're still with us? I could go elsewhere I guess but I like these spinners and I've used them before. Perhaps if I forget about it and just keep my prop on with a nut then maybe sometime in the future it might arrive in my mail box to become one of life's little nice surprises?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
GREG DOE

Discharger. All I can guess is that DBP is on vacation, or something unusual has occurred. I tried calling them today, and the phone is still in service. I got a taped message in Dave Brown's voice, that they were out of the office. The web site is still up, so they must be still around. I'm going on the road for a few days, so I may not be able to try to reach them by phone, but when I can I will try again. In the mean time good luck, and I guess you just have to be patient. Greg
Old 09-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Discharger

Gregory, many thanks for your interest. I guess all I can do is WA! (Western Australia and/or Wait Awhile!) I'll let you know if and when it all happens!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
GREG DOE

Discharger: I talked with DBP this morning. Dave is out of town for a funeral. He'll be back Monday. Just
keep trying is all I can say! www.dbproducts.com 513-738 1576 Greg
Old 11-24-2011, 04:34 AM
Discharger

I've given up on DBP. Here's some of my last message to them/him.
"As it is now three months since placing this order, it is obvious that you cannot or will not supply this item for reasons known only to yourselves.
I shall consider the order now cancelled.
I would have been happy to accept any explanation, however the total absence of any communication from you shows a lack of common courtesy and good manners on your part."