Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

high or low band

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

high or low band

Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
GTMUSTANGCS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high or low band

how do you chose between a high or low band radio system. is it what a certain club uses or your location. i don't understand... thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 10:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: high or low band

That only applies to certain Futaba 72mhz recievers, there is no factors to deciding which to purchase.

The only time its relevent is if you have one of the recievers that is designated as such, then if you want to change the reciever crystal and have a "low band" designated reciever you can only change it to another low band channel (11-35) without sending it for re-tuning.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Back when I bought my then new Futaba radio I looked to see over a period of months what channel at my two clubs was used least. I went with low band 15 and it worked out well for me. As mentioned, Futaba RXs are either or. I have several brand new RXs, 9 ch PCM that were given to me. Very good RXs but they are all high band. I have in the past put in low band crystals in high band RXs without problems but I have been told I could have a range problem and signal glitches doing it. At this point in time I no longer want to risk a plane so I haven't bothered with the new RXs, I have just started changing my planes over to 2.4. I bought a 2.4 module for my radio, works slick as can be.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
GTMUSTANGCS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info. now i understand
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with synthezied module in the TX and scan selectable receivers. Problem solved. With most modelers switiching to 2.4ghz you should never have a problem on 72mhz unless you fly with PPM RXs.