Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Customer service from NitroPlanes???

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Customer service from NitroPlanes???

Old 10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer service from NitroPlanes???

I recently ordered an RTF trainer from NitroPlanes as a gift for a 12 year old. When it arrived there was no damage to the box,
HOWEVER, the aileron/elevator gimbal on the transmitter was shattered. The transmitter was packaged with the control
knobs/handles towards the inside of the box - no visible damage/dents to the foam packaging.

After waiting 2 1/2 hours on line I was finally able to get through to an online customer rep.

Believe it or not, even though the transmitter was "supposedly" damaged in shipping, they wanted me to send the transmitter
back AT MY EXPENSE, THEN THEY WOULD SEND A REPLACEMENT, (according to their website on the returns page
"All items are tested to make sure they are working properly before we ship them to our customers" )

After stating I would return the whole thing AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH PAYPAL to avoid the 15% restocking charge, the rep
decided they would send the replacement transmitter and I would return the damaged unit when I received the replacement.

That was about 2 1/2 weeks ago - still no transmitter (I think I could walk from California to the East Coast in that amount of time).
I tried Thursday to telephone them. I got through at 5 seconds after 9am west coast time (they open at 9am) and was put on
hold due to "High Call Volume". After 2 hours on hold I said forget it.

NitroPlanes has some attractive prices, but their customer service, CONTRARY TO WHAT THEIR WEBSITE SAYS, is the pits. On
a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate it at -1.

If you deal with NitroPlanes just hope (pray) you do not need customer service.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Customer service from NitroPlanes???

Campy, you have been on RCU sense 02. What the heck were you thinking ordering something from them?? Sorry but I don't think anyone is going to feel your pain with you.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:43 PM
andizzle

nitroplanes is the biggest joke in the world (sadly they screwed me on a 50cc edge 540), if u seriously want a transmitter for it cheaply get on hobbyking and order one with a reciever for 30 bucks, or find a used one. but you will more than likely find that once u have a radio for it that it wont fly for crap, or it wont fly at all. if this is you or your sons first plane i can promise that it will ruin your outlook on the hobby. get on eflite,horrizon,towerhobbies a good name brand site and get something nice. sadly if the price is cheap the produce and service will be to
Old 10-02-2011, 04:24 AM
TomCrump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Campy, you have been on RCU sense 02. What the heck were you thinking ordering something from them?? Sorry but I don't think anyone is going to feel your pain with you.

I'm sorry, but i have to agree. Anyone who has been on RCU for more than a month, should be aware of the type of "service" that Nitroplanes provides. It's hard to find sympathy for those who buy from them.

Basically, you get what you pay for. You don't pay much. You don't get much.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 AM
markhamregular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered my first Nitroplane. I have read quite a lot about them but I talked at the field to a guy who own more than 100 planes, and he buys from Nitroplane sometime. He told me thay are not the best, but it's not as bad as people say. So, I said what the heck! I might as well take a chance on a $99 plane. It will come in the mail next week. I am crossing my fingers. :-(
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Lnewqban

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10744426
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
andizzle

ORIGINAL: markhamregular

I just ordered my first Nitroplane. I have read quite a lot about them but I talked at the field to a guy who own more than 100 planes, and he buys from Nitroplane sometime. He told me thay are not the best, butit's not as bad as people say.So, I said what the heck! I might as well take a chance on a $99 plane. It will come in the mail next week. I am crossing my fingers. :-(
next time you want to give away 100 bucks give me a call i ll take it

hopefully you dont get screwed over, but from my experience and many friends that have also gotten the shaft from them be prepaired for it to not work

Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The deal with NP is more of a service problem. The planes are cheap and not all that well built but they serve a purpose. I have assembled a lot of them for people. They look good and with some mods they will service you well. Most of them are made by CMP and CMP is distributed by a lot of different dealers under there name. You don't need to order tehm from NP, there are other placec to get the same plane with better service. Anyone that signs up on RCU and does a search for there first post can find thread after thread about NP and there lack of service and customer support. I was more taken back by Campy posting this. Read shocked. I know many people that buy from NP and are happy with what they got, it's when they have a problem that the trouble begins.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:20 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure who first posted this, I take no credit for it.

"You can get any two of the following, price, service, quality."

So, to make the cost lower there is not the customer support like some of the other places.

Now I have a handful of orders from NP. I may have been lucky in that I did not need any service from them. I may in the future. But I figure it is more like ordering from HK.

Buzz.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Oberst
Banned

No comment.

Pete
Old 10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Campy

Yeah, I SHOULD have known better. The problem was I needed a gift quickly and they fit the bill for that.

I have ordered a couple of other planes from them and everything was OK (no customer service needed), so
I figured I would take a chance.

Mea Culpa
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
scooterinvegas

Ive ordered battery's, battery charger, BL motors and 4 ESC's from them (hobbypartz.com) without any problems.....yet.