Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Helicoil For A OS 91 Four Stroke W/O Pump

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Helicoil For A OS 91 Four Stroke W/O Pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helicoil For A OS 91 Four Stroke W/O Pump

Hi Guys;
I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me. I have a OS 91S II FS non pump that the header pipe will not screw in to the head anymore, because the threads in the head are gone. Now the OS don't make these engine anymore, I can not find a head for her. One of my club member say I can use a helicoil to repair the thread, but, no one in my club has done this. I have found many helicoil on the net, but wich one to use on the OS 91. Also, I can not find the thread size that are in the header port to find the right heicoil. Thanks for any help and or info!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 10-22-2011, 07:20 PM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helicoil For A OS 91 Four Stroke W/O Pump

Grab one of your RC magazines and look up Clarence Lee's ad in the classified ad section. He is THE man to send your engine to for that kind of repair. He's quick, and very reasonable. It WILL be cheaper for you to send it to him than buy the insert kit and do it yourself.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mr. Lee. Just picked up a almost new YS 1.10 that the owner strong armed the header and tore out the threads. Mr. Lee did the repair on it and the work is perfect. Instead of a Helli coil he installed a brass insert type of thing. Way better.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Try a motorcycle shop . They are used to that trouble & may be able to help you out. I have one up here that is hard to beat . Max H.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 AM
jet22b

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your input. "Wow", Mr Lee is still with us!! Back in the 70's I learn alot about model engine from reading his "Engine Cllinic" that he wrote for RC Mag.
I will look for his add today!!!
Thanks again for the info!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your input. ''Wow'', Mr Lee is still with us!! Back in the 70's I learn alot about model engine from reading his ''Engine Cllinic'' that he wrote for RC Mag.
I will look for his add today!!!
Thanks again for the info!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
I moved from Tacoma in 1959 and started flying at the dam basin in So. Cal. In those days Mr. Lee was still working on the K&B line of engines. He was nice enough to us kids that would stand around him watching and teach us about the finer points of engine tuning and props. His work is second to none. I don't need his help often but when I do my hopes are he out lives me.