Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Starter Aerobatic Plane

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Starter Aerobatic Plane

Old 12-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Maxdog.vf213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Aerobatic Plane

Hey Gang.

Ok Ihave a question, Ihave been flying rather well for some time now and I am wanting to get into Aerobatics and so on. Iam currently flying a 60 Size Stylus with a Thunder Tiger 91s 70" WS. I would like to find a plane that Ican adjust to fly similar to my stylus in like low rates but fly rather intense on high rates. Ihave an Extra 300S, well should say had. She was destroyed on her Maiden flight today aftera nice 5 min flight by both of us, I took over after he trimmed her out anddue to an unknown error by a VERY experienced instructor and friend, according to him the alivators just stopped working on approach and into the ground she went. Hurt real bad as she was my first buildand Isaved up for a while for the ARFbut guess it happens even if it feel like Iwas kicked in the gut and really drained my excitementfor the hobby, she is my first wreck and it wasnt even Me who wrecked her..lol.. But anyways Ireally like the look fo the Extra and was wondering if is a style like that, that is like Istated at begining. Oh and the reason Iam looking for something different is that Iwas told after I already bought her and put her together, she isnt really the greatest "First Aerobatic" type plane.

Thanks Guys. Max.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Starter Aerobatic Plane

do you have any pics of the crash? most of the time crashes take 2-4 hours to fix if that, they look terrible but are easier to repair than you think
Old 12-10-2011, 06:12 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I crashed my CAP 232 early this summer. Threw it in the corner knowing I had to have a new wing at the least. Dug it out a couple three weeks ago and the only parts that were saved were the turtle deck behind the canopy, the canopy, cowling which needs a lot of work but is salvageable, the rudder and elevators. The rest was scratch built from the bits and pieces of the wreck. I'm waiting for a friend to come over to help cut a couple of new wing cores and I'll be very close to a new airplane. I should have thrown it in the trash but I did this to prove you can save just about anything.

If you still have the Extra, don't chuck it in the round file. It may fly again!!

Ken
Old 12-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Maxdog.vf213
My Feedback: (1)

Oh no, She is done, she looks like She exploded from about 5 inches infront of the tail assembly to whats left of the Fuse, actually bent the bar at a 40 degree angle that holds the wings, was just a pile of wood chips. Even all the servo arms were broken. God it hurts so much just thinking about it. Am now looking at a Yak but it calls for such a huge engine for the 68" Wing, like a 100-120 or so, but is now way thats happening any time soonIs a Seagull Yak from Horizon but just cant afford it at this time as Isunk everything Ihave saved for the past 3 months into the destroyed Extra.

Also I dont scratch build anything, this was My first build ever and it was an ARF so was more like anassemble.

Here is some pics of what Icould find and the ball of servos, as I said it looked like the plane exploded and god only knows if My brand new OS 75 is any good anymore.
God It Hurts....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23884.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1698274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66028.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1698275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33029.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1698276  
Old 12-10-2011, 10:25 PM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Handy King is an electric 3D foamy that can be pretty tame on low rates. It is also reasonably priced, and tough.

Maybe play with something like that before getting into something big and expensive.