Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fuel Lines Tubing

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel Lines Tubing

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Maxdog.vf213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Lines Tubing

Good Morning Gang!

Ok so does anyone know where Ican get fuel lines for nitro? Is there stores like Home Depot or something that sells that stuff, the rubber tubing? Found the plastic ones that ya like put in a fish tank but Iknow that wont hold up. My Hobby shop is constantly out of it, among TONS of other things and that gets annoying but Iwould imagine there has to be other uses for that stuff that it may be sold in other places. Cant order it at this point as Ineed it for tomorrows Maiden Flight..

Thanks,
Max.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Default RE: Fuel Lines Tubing

I get many of these types of items from Amazon. See here: http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-2243-Bl...d_sbs_indust_4

Bliksem
Old 12-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: blikseme300

I get many of these types of items from Amazon. See here: http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-2243-Bl...d_sbs_indust_4

Bliksem

Hey there blikseme300,

Thanks for the response but as Istated Ineed it today so cant order it or Iwould just order from My hobby shop and have it by monday. Was just asking if anyone knew of regular stores that carry that stuff for whatever reason..

Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I must say, I'm in a lot of hardware stores, never seen silicon line anywhere..

you telling us there is not One hobby shop in the greater Chicago area that has fuel line in stock?? I find that hard to believe
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your local lawn mower shop.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

I must say, I'm in a lot of hardware stores, never seen silicon line anywhere..

you telling us there is not One hobby shop in the greater Chicago area that has fuel line in stock?? I find that hard to believe

Well #1 I didnt say there was NONE in all of Chicago land area, If you read Isaid My Local hobby shop and we only have about4 within an hour of My house and 2 of them dont even deal with NitroRC stuff, one basicly only sells the Dubro packs of 3 feet for about 5 bucks a pack(When they stock it)and Ineed about 12 feet, Ihave found the yellow tube for gas and they also had the dark non see through blue but Ineed the clear blue line so Ican see if is any bubbles and so on, Ilike to do things proper.Im sorry you "Find it hard to believe" but its a fact.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: Rodney

Check your local lawn mower shop.

And thank you Rodney, Iwill google that and see what Ifind..
Old 12-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is sold in most all lawn mower shops/small engine repair shops but you may have problems finding the size you like. Most mail order hobby stores also sell it by the spool and it comes out way cheaper then buying it by the foot from your LHS.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

It is sold in most all lawn mower shops/small engine repair shops but you may have problems finding the size you like. Most mail order hobby stores also sell it by the spool and it comes out way cheaper then buying it by the foot from your LHS.

Great, thank you very much. Iam going to bring My fuel dot with Me and see if it fits in, maybe Iwill get lucky. Ijust ordered a few spools from online so I dont run into this issue again.. Thanks to Everyone for all the help, its appreciated..

Max..
Old 12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
cutaway

Small surgical tubing from a medical supply is good for about a season before it starts to go bad. Its more nick/cut resistant than silicone.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Great, thank you very much. I am going to bring My fuel dot with Me and see if it fits in, maybe I will get lucky. I just ordered a few spools from online so I dont run into this issue again.. Thanks to Everyone for all the help, its appreciated..

Max..
Keep in mind, the ID can be correct but the OD can be both smaller and larger depending on the brands. I often use the thick walled line when going through fire walls.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Maxdog.vf213

Im actually good now..lol. Went to hobby store to get a fueler valve thing and sure as hell, UPS came earlier and they had it in the order, so bought a ton of it.

THanks to everyone who helped out, is appreciated. Now Ihave to start a new thread to figure out why Icant use this fueler I got cause its gas and not nitro.. Is red instead of silver.. Sheesh.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:53 PM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Glad you found waht you need, but why 12 feet? That must be one huge plane?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Maxdog.vf213

Is a pretty big Plane and need alot of ofit cause Ilike to have extra and My fueler is far from tank.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 PM
RiverLarry

Try looking at www.mcmastercar.com they have what ever you need R/L
Old 12-16-2011, 08:26 PM
xcz5785
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(Insert hobby shop name closest to us) hardly ever has anything in stock. To be fair the economy has made it so. Never the less they really push electric and don't have good customer service. Seems like your interupting their barbershop talk. One person in particular in "airplanes" knows nothing about nitro, or seems to careless. Go to the car section and they have nitro fuel line by the foot. Amazingly I found that on my own after the "airplane" guy told me what ever is on the rack. The 3ft overpriced dubro packs. Even then they will only have one pack. If your in a pinch go to Elmhust to Al's Hobby in downtown. Especially if you need a prop, they have a whole wall of all sizes. It's a 30 minute drive but they have everything and more. And they know what the sell or find someone who does. Not promoting but them but I will drive out of my way for good customer service and good advice.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I shop at leasure hours hobby in joliet and they keep my nitro needs on their shelfs good. I'am also lucky they sell alot of nitro cars and trucks for my airplane tubing needs or low plugs and airplane fuel. joe
Old 12-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: xcz5785

(Insert hobby shop name closest to us) hardly ever has anything in stock. To be fair the economy has made it so. Never the less they really push electric and don't have good customer service. Seems like your interupting their barbershop talk. One person in particular in "airplanes" knows nothing about nitro, or seems to careless. Go to the car section and they have nitro fuel line by the foot. Amazingly I found that on my own after the "airplane" guy told me what ever is on the rack. The 3ft overpriced dubro packs. Even then they will only have one pack. If your in a pinch go to Elmhust to Al's Hobby in downtown. Especially if you need a prop, they have a whole wall of all sizes. It's a 30 minute drive but they have everything and more. And they know what the sell or find someone who does. Not promoting but them but I will drive out of my way for good customer service and good advice.

Funny, Iknow the shop rather well. THink My favorite part is how the "Airplane Guy" isnt very knowledgeable at all and has in many iddferent instances given Me Crap wrong advise and has NOpersonality at all. He is very cocky and dont care for it one bit. If there is one thing Icant stand is some dude that cant admit he doesnt know soemthing and lies to Me about what Ineed or what needs to be done and puts My plane at risk. When Iwas new to the hobby, the airplane dude gave Me wrong advice on a weekly basis when actuality it was just his WRONG Opinion, and dont get Me started on the not stocking crap, even stuff that should ALWAYSbe on hand if you are going to claim, as THEY say "Your One Stop RCPlane Shop" like clunks, PROPS forusre, tubing, Items for repair, Specially this time of year when alot of people start their winter projects or plane repair.. God Icould go on for DAYS..
This time of year would be perfect to stock a few nice size ARFs or Kits. But anyways.

Going to try Als one day but Ihate to drive over 10 minin this stateso just havent gone there yet.. Lol.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: Maxdog.vf213

ORIGINAL: xcz5785

Funny, Iknow the shop rather well. THink My favorite part is how the "Airplane Guy" isnt very knowledgeable at all and has in many iddferent instances given Me Crap wrong advise and has NOpersonality at all. He is very cocky and dont care for it one bit. If there is one thing Icant stand is some dude that cant admit he doesnt know soemthing and lies to Me about what Ineed or what needs to be done and puts My plane at risk. When Iwas new to the hobby, the airplane dude gave Me wrong advice on a weekly basis when actuality it was just his WRONG Opinion, and dont get Me started on the not stocking crap, even stuff that should ALWAYSbe on hand if you are going to claim, as THEY say "Your One Stop RCPlane Shop" like clunks, PROPS forusre, tubing, Items for repair ANDGLOWPLUGSFORGODSAKE! Couldnt believe I actually had to WAIT for Glow plugs at a Hobby Shop.., Specially this time of year when alot of people start their winter projects or plane repair.. God Icould go on for DAYS..
This time of year would be perfect to stock a few nice size ARFs or Kits. But anyways.

Going to try Als one day but Ihate to drive over 10 minin this stateso just havent gone there yet.. Lol.