Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

flaperons on 4*60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

flaperons on 4*60

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 12:48 PM
ebeygin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flaperons on 4*60

Hi!

When I bought my radio, I forgot to buy a Y harness, but at the same time noticed that my radio has the the ability to utilized flaperons. So I connected each aileron servo to a channel, and now by switching my 5th channel, I get both of them moving..

My question is Has anyone done this on a four star, are there any differences in flying if I don't use them? And are they used on takeoffs or landings?

thanks!

-eugn
Old 08-25-2003, 12:53 PM
CRFlyer

Default flapperons

I had flapperons on my 4*60, but did not use them much. Plane lands slow anyway, so they are not really needed. Unfortunetly, I lost my plane about a year ago due to aileron hinge failing in flight.

Let us know how the flapperons work for you.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flaperons

I hope you mean the 5th channel and not channel 5, which is usually the gear channel (except on glider mode). Gear is usually a one end or the other channel. Flaperons are normally in the aileron channel ( 2-JR, 1-Fut & Hitech) and the flap channel, ch 6.

Setting up flaperons, even though you never use the flaps, is very beneficial. You can use sub trim(centering) to center each aileron individually and end point adjust works individually, also.

I normally set flaperons for 100%, then hold full up and adjust the end points of the 2 channels so the movement is the same. Then I do the same thing at full down. If I don't plan to use flaps, I go back and clear the flap coupling back to zero.

This is really a better set-up than a Y connector.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:12 PM
ebeygin

Default thanks

Thanks for your replys!

Yes I meant 5th channel on radio.. meaning i connect them into channel 2 and 6...

And I also thought that having control of each individual servo is much better.

Haven't tried flying it with flaperons, but from the looks of the setup and from what i've read.. looks like I can't loose!

-eugn
Old 08-26-2003, 02:12 AM
glowplug

My buddy has them set up on his 4 star 40, but it's like overkill.....when he tries to land with them, the plane just keeps on floating and doesn't want to come down. It will crawl down the field at about 3 feet off of the ground for a couple hundred feet. After seeing that, I didn't bother setting them up on my 4 star!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:18 PM
ebeygin

In the worst case, I just won't use them... but i'll still put them on.. since you can trim each aileron servo individually....

-eugn
Old 08-26-2003, 12:37 PM
glowplug

Eugn, I have the 1 --> 6 channel aileron mix set up on my 4 Star also for the exact reason you stated, adjusting the servos individually...I just didn't activate the flaperon function.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the flaperon function on both take off and landing. With a Saito 100 up front, and half flaperon, I can take off in 5 feet or less. I don't use flaperon on landing anymore.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:24 PM
laefd

GREAT QUESTION! I've got the same set up with the same question. Let me know what you do, how you do it and how it flies with flapperons.

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	105001_39416.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	58748