Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Question about mixing

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Question about mixing

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Fly4Funn
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about mixing

Just getting back into the hobby after taking some time off so I bought me a new fancy JR 9503. Back in earlier years, radios shipped with 4 servos, two CC rotation and 2 CCW rotation. Now it seems that they all are the same. The plane I'm working on has flaps, and the way it is set up it really needs 2 servos with opposite rotation. That's what is so great about the computer radios, right? Well I can't get mine to work with the mixing feature. I've been told that in this case, just use the mix function to mix the flap with another channel, set the direction with the reversing function and there you go. I do that and from the retracted position to the middle position, the servos follow each other. From the middle position to the fully extended position, the slave servo only moves half as much as the flap servo. Nothing I have done so far is making this work for me. Hopefully you more experienced guys out there can point out what I am overlooking. The manual for the radio is not getting it done for me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:06 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Question about mixing

Idon't use JRradios, so Idon't know the menus, but one thing I'd check is that the endpoints are set the same on both channels.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Nix the mixing
Go into the system menu, its either DEV SEL or WING TYPE I dont have my 9303 handy.

In any case, you want to set a MATE to the flap. Then just reverse the channel that the mate is plugged in to
Old 01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Fly4Funn
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks Andy. Works like a charm. Had to figure out that the channel to be used as the mate has to be INH in the DEV menu before it will show up as an option for the mate in the Wing Type menu. Also had to go undo all the mixing setup before it would work. Again, Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

My pleasure, Happy New Year