Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dynam ducted fan jet and radio problems

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dynam ducted fan jet and radio problems

Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Jack Rogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynam ducted fan jet and radio problems

Anyone with experience on this Dynam jet? No instructions with the jet re setting up the ESCs. Radio manual is of no help. No help from NitroPlanes. Can't get them on the phone and no reply to the following email sent to them. The radio and receiver don't seem to bind solidly. Can't get the motors to run. The ESCs don't seem to be set up (programed). Several questions:

1. On the radio there are four switches in the lower center. They are labeled Rudd, Thro, Aile, Elev and have an Off and an On position. Normally I would expect them to be servo reversing switches, but the "Off" and "On" labels don't fit that reasoning and they don't seem to reverse the servo direction. When we turn on the radio it seems to sometimes bind with the receiver and all control functions operate except the throttle. At some point I have been able to get the motors to run by moving the "Thro" switch from Off to On, but there is no response either on or off when the throttle stick is moved. And, that leads to the second question.

2. What is the purpose of the "protect switch" on the radio? Does it lock out the throttle stick to prevent the motors from starting when the radio and receiver first bind? We do not get any throttle response from the throttle stick on the radio at any time.

3. Are the ESCs already programmed? If not, how do I do that? There are no instructions on how to program the ESCs (normally I would expect such instructions to be provided - as they are on other models).

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dynam ducted fan jet and radio problems

It has been said many times, calling is useless.

If you go the ARF section here, they have a forum for support or you can go to http://rcdiscuss.com/

Buzz.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Jack Rogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynam ducted fan jet and radio problems

Thx Buzz - Your suggestion led me to 2-3 different sources which when combined seems to have solved the mystery. This Dynam radio goes against everything I have encountered in my 25 or so years in this hobby. Just to recap in case anyone else runs into this situation: 1. The "Protect switch" (the large toggle switch on the upper left) has to be in the down position. 2. When you turn on the radio the lights begin to flash. 3. Within 10-12 seconds (before the lights go steady) you must plug in the battery. 4. The radio and the receiver should now bind within about 10 seconds. 5. Move the "Protect switch" to the UP position and back to the DOWN position. The radio and the receiver should now communicate correctly.

Also, the four slide switches in the lower center of the radio face are apparently the servo reversing switches. The kicker is that they are labeled as "Off" and "On".

Final note - Given this lengthy and, until now, unproductive process of trying to get answers and repair parts from Nitroplanes, I no longer recommend Nitroplanes to any of my new students - or anyone else for that matter. They have some cool airplanes but that's of little satisfaction if you can't get any support. I finally found the necessary repair parts for the Airfield P-51 from SNHOBBIES in Vancouver, B.C., but they weren't all that helpful in answering technical questions.