Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

enclosed trailer recommendation

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

enclosed trailer recommendation

Old 02-02-2012, 04:28 AM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enclosed trailer recommendation

I need some help guys, what is the best size, brand, door style for rc use? Show me some pics!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Flyin Beagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: enclosed trailer recommendation

Check out this thread, It has it all.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm

Personally I have a Lark United 6x10 V nose with barn doors and a side door. I chose the Lark because the dealer is close to where I live, and of all of the brands I shopped it came with the most standard features on the base model. It had vents, color choice, diamond plate stone guard and V nose, roller jack, everyone else was wanting an upcharge for these, but they were standard on the lark. As fara s Quality I couldnt tell a lot of diffefence when I was shopping.

In buying my trailer one of my biggeset considerations was the fact that I had to store it in my garage as trailers are not allowed to be stored outside in my neighborhood. I sized my trailer to fit in my garage along with my wifes car. I chose the barn doors because there is not enough room for a ramp door to open in the gararge, and now that I have them I like them better than the ramp door. They are a whole lot easier to open and close. I have a set of aluminum and wood ramps for loading four wheelers into trucks that I can use to load heavier items when I need, but I much prefer the barn doors. A side door is another must have along with vents. Here are a couple of pics. I just started last night on fitting up the inside so check in on the other thread for updates of that progress.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63346.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1722413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79293.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1722414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64652.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1722415  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

Wow Very nice!! Im glad you mentioned the fact that you must keep it inside. We are moving very soon to a neighborhood that wont allow us to keep our motorhome at the home site!! I might be looking at the same problem...
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

I would recommend the very largest you can tow and afford, because, not long after it's purchase, you may wish it were bigger. A rear ramp in lieu of double-doors will save your knees, getting in and out. Lighter color, the better, here in the South, but white is very hard to keep clean. LED lights instead of incandescent. Good lock on the hitch, or better yet, removeable tongue to deter theft.

Good luck!

Rick
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

+1

If you think/know a 6x12 will work for you, always get the next size larger! You will need it!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM
TomCrump

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: invertmast

+1

If you think/know a 6x12 will work for you, always get the next size larger! You will need it!
I followed that logic. I thought a 6X10 would be fine, so I bought a 6X12 v-nose. I wish that I had a 6X14. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66675.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1722742