Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Charger problems(Triton Jr)

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Charger problems(Triton Jr)

Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 AM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger problems(Triton Jr)

I use a Triton Jr for my little nimh batteries. Here lately it has been shutting off prematurely. The pack is not warming at all. Just tried a 5-cell nimh pack and it shut off, restarted the charge 3 minutes later it was off again. I put the pack on my Cell Pro 4 and it is going good. Any body else have this problem with the Triton Jr. I have had it for a while and it doesn't cost that much guess it may just be worn out. I will not be using it on my ignition battery on my 50cc anymore thats for sure. I will just use it for my EZ start battery for my rc cars since I nuke the crap out of them lol.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Charger problems(Triton Jr)

I've seen the problem on many chargers on many packs. The first question that comes to mind is "Did the voltage drop before the charger shut off"?

If it did then the charger did what it is supposed to do and blame can be shifted to battery or connection or other. If not then blame can be shifted to the charger itself. Does the TJR have an ending message when done?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Default RE: Charger problems(Triton Jr)

no ending message just mAh put in and time. I charged the pack with my Cell Pro and it did fine. It may be my leads though I will check it all out. Most of the things I charge with the Triton Jr arent super important so by no means will I throw it away just as long as the packs I charge begin to heat up there done unless you are nuking them.