Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

wheres the best place to buy spektrum rec,s

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

wheres the best place to buy spektrum rec,s

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:57 PM
handyman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheres the best place to buy spektrum rec,s

looking for ar6000 recs............who sells cheap.....................thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: wheres the best place to buy spektrum rec,s

I guess you've never heard of cheap fast good....
It goes like this...if you want it fast and good it won't be cheap
if you want it fast and cheap it won't be good...
If you want it good and cheap it won't be fast....that's economics in a nutshell LOL
Always support your local hobby shop....give him a chance to meet an on line price...if he doesn't then shop the net...you already have to give the LHS a shot at meeting or beating an on line price......
Beware of buying used receivers....you don't know what they have been through
Old 03-04-2012, 05:42 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetmech05

I guess you've never heard of cheap fast good....
It goes like this...if you want it fast and good it won't be cheap
if you want it fast and cheap it won't be good...
If you want it good and cheap it won't be fast....that's economics in a nutshell LOL
Always support your local hobby shop....give him a chance to meet an on line price...if he doesn't then shop the net...you already have to give the LHS a shot at meeting or beating an on line price......
Beware of buying used receivers....you don't know what they have been through
Couldn't agree more with the above, especially the last sentence. I've never seen the economics of used or "orange" receivers in anthing I didn't want to lose.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 AM
handyman

gee i am so happy you took all that time and a waste of time...........frist off i was asking for a good price,and as you know LHS take you for a ride...thats one reason there arent to many out there any more,,,,,,,,,,,,2nd wasnt looking for used....now i do know who has real cheap soap boxs for sale................
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
jetmech05

You never asked about price...you asked who sells cheap.......cheap can mean used...I don't know how long you've been in the hobby...a beginner might think a used receiver is ok.....
A local hobby shop usually doesn't take you for a ride..... if you're nice, done some research and ask to meet an on-line price.....the hobby shop owner knows how much something is on line....
As far as the waste of my time...this reply is a waste of my time......You asked for opinions then gripe when you don't like the opinion you get.....
With this said I truly hope you find a cheap receiver and get exactly your monies worth
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
handyman

hobby..........43 yrs.................soap box..............20 mins..............LHS..........as littel as i can...........
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
jetmech05

Perhaps the feelings you have with the Local Hobby shop started with that guy in the mirror...I can see that being a possibility....just a thought.......Since you've been in the hobby for 43 years you should have a rough idea of the price of things......
Good Flyin to ya Handyman
Old 03-04-2012, 03:55 PM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a great deal at Things With Wings - Greeley, CO. Oh, they don't ship so you'll have to drive out. Also, my LHS will match almost any online price. Oops, he doesn't take credit cards. Em, probably doesn't ship either. Well, that's it for me - outa suggestions.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Holy crap!.. A LOT of folks are in need of some midol or something.. anyone a little barnsour!?.. I am, but I don't take it out on people online.. that's why I have a wife!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:29 PM
SeamusG

Hey - Gray Beard has been off the air for a while - gotta pick on somebody!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Mk23socom

ORIGINAL: SeamusG

Hey - Gray Beard has been off the air for a while - gotta pick on somebody!
Seamus, you get mulligans because you are one of the good guys, I was actually referring to those other posts. However, I look forward to Gray Beard's return to the forums so I can watch you guys raz him up good!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
KitBuilder

Everybody take a breath

Though you have 43 years ... there were only 300 posts so that may have been the reason one may have thought you were somewhat new. I assume your new to 2.4 then possibly.

The orange receivers are fine as said if you dont care what happens to your plane. I have used 3 in depron type foamies and basic wooden parkflyers and never hand an issue.

I use spektrums in my larger kit builds and never had a problem either. Advantage Hobby has the AR600 for 59.00 free shipping for the 6ch. Just bought one for my soon to be completed BUSA 1/6 N17
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am almost afraid to get into this thread, but here goes.  I think the Spectrum dealers are supposed to pretty much stick to the manufacturers suggested retail price, so you may as well get it from someone local that you feel would back you in the event of a problem. At least it isn't far to gofor service what with packaging and postage etc.  Having said that I think I will send in an order for 10 HK orange receivers for some of my little foamies and .15 sized stuff.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Mk23socom

ORIGINAL: aspeed

I am almost afraid to get into this thread, but here goes. I think the Spectrum dealers are supposed to pretty much stick to the manufacturers suggested retail price, so you may as well get it from someone local that you feel would back you in the event of a problem.At least it isn't far to gofor service what with packaging and postage etc. Having said that I think I will send in an order for 10 HK orange receivers for some of my little foamies and .15 sized stuff.
Flame, flame, gripe, gripe, moan, groan and all other derogatory things..