Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Question on location

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Question on location

Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 AM
jnatale3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on location

Edit
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Question on location

I feel your pain, but ..........................................

In all honesty the LHS owner has a point. In almost every exchange/warranty situation like yours (complete trade-out) , the original packaging is required. He did not have to be rude aout it but there is two sides to this story and we've only heard one.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 AM
jnatale3

I can tell you the other side, man. It is in my original post. Again, the customer service aspect is the key thing for me. If he would have said nicely, and not lectured me, then it would have been a different story. Not sure now if I want to give them my business anymore (which is a lot). I know this is probably a personal opinion, but just want some advice.. Joe
Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, it's kind of a given thing that anything (not just RC stuff) being returned be sent in the original packaging.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM
jnatale3

Understood, however if good customer service was present, there would have been less "complaining" and more trying to make the customer happy. I was in retail for many years before my career in medicine now and I would always make sure if there was no original packaging, something could be done, as is the LHS owner wants to do. However, Horizon did send the order for the new part for free.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Live Wire

Couldn't you just reverse the control on your Tx.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 AM
jnatale3

Well, we tried that on several different combinations and every time we did, the controls did not respond. The DX6i was showing the proper signals being sent (verified in the advanced screen which showed signals of what the controls did via instruction from the tech guy) So after all that, the receiver was showing faulty. I went back to the shop and I told the owner I wanted to save him the hassle of sending it back and I would put the parts in myself. He seems "a little" nicer (probably because I was taking the weight off of him) ans he said cool. So I have my Stryker back and receiver should be coming in on Monday. Thanks Larry. :-)
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 AM
mustangman177

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Couldn't you just reverse the control on your Tx.

I thought the same thing too. Maybe I'm missing something here though.......

Back to the hobby shop and rudeness of the owner to the consumer.

In an era when the hobby shop business is "going out the door" so to speak and the small mom and pop hobby shops are going out of business, they should do doing everything in their power to make the customer is happy so they come back through the door for future business, and not picking up the phone to call a major wholesaler. I'm sure the owner could have gotten his or her point to the customer without a lecture. NOBODY likes to belittled or lectured. They will find other places to spend their $$$$$.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
jnatale3

I posted above you here with what the reverse options did :-). Thanks for the understanding on the shop thing. I am NOT one to be a complainer about customer service, like the guy who moans and groans at the steakhouse until his meal is free, I just wanted to be treated right. Also one other thing, there was a new customer standing right there watching this all unfold. Wonder how he percevied it keeping in mind his $750 car purchase he was about to make. LOL Thanks though.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM
jnatale3

Helpful if I mentioned too that the receiver would "cut out" intermittently on the elevon servo connector too. O well, new on is on the way. :-)
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Maybe i'm missing something... But...

What does a crummy LHS experience have to do with not purchasing Horizon Hobby products and only getting your stuff from Tower Hobbies for now on?

I've had more Bad experiences with Tower Hobbies and Great Pains... i mean Planes... than I ever had with over 3 dozen hobby shops i have done business with over 20+ years in the hobby..

Also, are you sure his "complaining" was really complaining.. I know when i'm in a bummed or bad mood, some peoples comments are perceived differently than what they actually were.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
jnatale3

1.) Moving my business elsewhere
2.) My past experiences with Tower Hobbies have been great
3.) Are you in a bad mood now? Not sure what you are implying? Yes, he was being rude. And yes business should not be conducted that way whether you are or are not feeling "nice" that day.

Joe
Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Live Wire

It does help to give all the details on your first post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
jnatale3

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

It does help to give all the details on your first post
Ever have one of "those" days and you type faster than you can think? LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I own a LHS. The Horizon tech was hoping that the LHS had the plane in stock. That's is why he told you to go back. Since he had to order it I would have waited until Horizon sent you a receiver. I have done this many times. One call to tech from me to get the OK and you walk out with a new plane. They send me one to replace yours.
As far as the box goes who cares. Had I had the plane here. I give you the plane and put the bad plane in the box. No biggy. Some times they don't even want it back. If they do they send me a call tag.
All a LHS has to offer is service and I'm sorry your's was poor. Dennis
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Stick 40

I really never have much trouble with stuff, but I do try and keep the box and packing for a period of time.

guess there is a lesson here for everyone. we may all get a defective produce from time to time.

I agree they offered to send a new one.
LHS should have been nicer about it, but I wonder how you were acting or feeling when you approached him????

sticks
Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
jnatale3

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

I own a LHS. The Horizon tech was hoping that the LHS had the plane in stock. That's is why he told you to go back. Since he had to order it I would have waited until Horizon sent you a receiver. I have done this many times. One call to tech from me to get the OK and you walk out with a new plane. They send me one to replace yours.
As far as the box goes who cares. Had I had the plane here. I give you the plane and put the bad plane in the box. No biggy. Some times they don't even want it back. If they do they send me a call tag.
All a LHS has to offer is service and I'm sorry your's was poor. Dennis
The Horizon tech was very helpful today too. He even said if you go back to the shop and the plane was "different" from when you got it, then don't accept it back, but call him. When he suggested I take it back, he said he was hoping they did in fact have one in stock so I could get it in the air quick. If not, he would order the part. the LHS guy as I stated earlier was fine afterwards and no trouble at all. The receiver was sent 2 day air and I will have it Monday. Thanks for the info and good luck in your shop. :-) Joe
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
jnatale3

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

I really never have much trouble with stuff, but I do try and keep the box and packing for a period of time.

guess there is a lesson here for everyone. we may all get a defective produce from time to time.

I agree they offered to send a new one.
LHS should have been nicer about it, but I wonder how you were acting or feeling when you approached him????

sticks
I actually said very little. Came in and was very calm and polite. Always knew to get the bee with honey not vinegar. I spoke (as I said previously) about 2 minutes and then he took off like the wind. I am not one to "lose it" over the small stuff to people. This thread was more of an opinion of what I should do with my situation. Granted, as someone mentioned earlier my thread is "one sided" and the LHS owner is not here to discuss it. However, I know how it went down and I feel things are cool now. So to answer your question in your last sentence, I was very respectful and calm about it. He was calm too, just a bit over the top with the box thing.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
The Gopher
My Feedback: (1)

+1
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM
DadsToysBG

He must have just had a bad day. We all do. Dennis
Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 PM
grimbeaver

It's very possible that he had already had to deal with someone much more frustrating then you that day. Maybe he was having a bad day too and you caught him at a bad time. My biggest gripe about the LHS is when the person working there, who I will admit may know more then me about something, instead of nicely telling me what I'm doing wrong gives me a lecture like I'm an idiot. There is one LHS which has forever lost my business because of such a situation, and in that situation he was actually wrong and didn't take the time to understand what I was actually doing before telling me how wrong I was and telling me I couldn't do something which wasn't even what I wanted to do.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
jnatale3

ORIGINAL: grimbeaver

It's very possible that he had already had to deal with someone much more frustrating then you that day. Maybe he was having a bad day too and you caught him at a bad time. My biggest gripe about the LHS is when the person working there, who I will admit may know more then me about something, instead of nicely telling me what I'm doing wrong gives me a lecture like I'm an idiot. There is one LHS which has forever lost my business because of such a situation, and in that situation he was actually wrong and didn't take the time to understand what I was actually doing before telling me how wrong I was and telling me I couldn't do something which wasn't even what I wanted to do.
He may have been having a bad morning outside of work. Most likely was not a previous customer as me and one other guy were there when he opened. Regardless, it is what it is. Service could have been better. Moving along.............
Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
DadsToysBG

Learning to listen is hard to do. When someone comes in to ask questions I let him talk and I listen. I don't ever think I have told someone their wrong. What I will say is "this is the way I do it". If they are doing something dangerous in their setup I point out the danger and let them decide. By giving them choices and letting them make up their own mind with guidance they learn without feeling put down.
I have to remember that someday they will be teaching someone new.
Being a LHS owner also means using new stuff because if you want to sell it you have to prove that it works first. they wait and see if to crash or not. I learned that when 2.4 first came out. I had to be first and heard why everybody wouldn't ever change. Now 90% have changed in my club.
Well we have moved away from the OP problem and I'm glad it got it worked out. Spring is almost here and we're soon be flying again and that what it's all about. Dennis
Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
jnatale3

ORIGINAL: jefflangton

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Here is an idea, if you don't like the thread, don't post on it. Or, you can continue to be immature and post nonsense...............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.