Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CA Hinges question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CA Hinges question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:07 PM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA Hinges question

I usually use the hinges from Great planes or ones like them..They are sort of like fiberglass matt when you look at them..They sort of fuzz up if you put them in and out too many times..They wick up the ca when you drip it on them and you can actually see it happen if you want to waste a hinge..My wife picked up some hinges for me from Hanger 9 and they are made of somthing different..They are easier to use but they dont wick the ca like the other hinges..They almost look like some kind of paper...I would like to know if anyone has had experience with these hinges and how they worked out.. Thanks for your help
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CA Hinges question

I think I've used the ones you are talking about. They seem fine.

Be sure to get them fully glued on the first application. Once they have been CA'd once, no wick action.

Those little plastic pipettes they sell as applicators are nice for getting CA where you want it. Either trimming a sliver of covering from both sides of the slot, or drilling 1/8" down the center of the slot can make it easier to be confident you got glue in there good.