Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Tuning a saito 56?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Tuning a saito 56?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 PM
bradharvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning a saito 56?

I just received a 4 stroke... Huu. So I adjusted the valves per manual. They are ok. Put a new glow plug in it and adjusted the high speed to what seems good, low speed I'm having trouble. Is there a set amount of turns it should be out? Can I do a pinch test? Thanx in advance for any help.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Tuning a saito 56?

There is a site dedicated to Saito engines and I believe you can get an answer after posting your question again.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The glow engine forum then to the Saito support. The low end on a saito tends to run very fat compared to other engines like the OS. A lot more then I'm used to anyway. Set numbers of turns out?? John Buckner is my go to saito guy so maybe he will chime in with a good answer. With the 100s and 1.25s I have ended up at 2.5 turns out all the way to 4 turns out. Each engine is different.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM
bradharvy

I have given up but thank you all. I believe there is something wrong with it. Sent off to Horizon to tear apart.
Have to use glow ignighter to keep it running, so tunned it with glow igniter and replaced glow pug? Back to same thing, sound good than start choking.. I threw in the towl after 1/4 gallon a fuel!! Couldn't keep wasting fuel, I think it has internal problems. However, I have no clue as to what I am doing with this four stroke. Maybe if I get it back running good, I can learn something,. Hard to learn on a motor that might not be tuneable!!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
LargeScale88

ORIGINAL: bradharvy

I have given up but thank you all. I believe there is something wrong with it. Sent off to Horizon to tear apart.
Have to use glow ignighter to keep it running, so tunned it with glow igniter and replaced glow pug? Back to same thing, sound good than start choking.. I threw in the towl after 1/4 gallon a fuel!! Couldn't keep wasting fuel, I think it has internal problems. However, I have no clue as to what I am doing with this four stroke. Maybe if I get it back running good, I can learn something,. Hard to learn on a motor that might not be tuneable!!
I've experienced if its running too rich, than you have to have the glow igniter on to keep it running because the excess fuel is putting the glow plug out, but if you know it wasn't too rich, than I'm not sure what it could be, because my Saito 56 runs like gold.

Jason