Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help with Enya 46-4c exhaust

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help with Enya 46-4c exhaust

Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 AM
phatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Enya 46-4c exhaust

Hey guys. Im doing an electric to glow conversion, and I have an issue. The stock exhaust for my enya 46-4c wont work for this application. This is my first 4c engine, so I dont know where to source parts and such. I need an exhaust pipe that makes a 45* bend immediatly when it comes out of the engine. This way the exhaust will be directed straight away from the engine.

Can you guys help me? IDK where to look.

I tried to bend the stock one, but the metal is fairly hard, and Im afraid Im going to crush it, or strip the head. I only need about another 22.5 degrees of bend out of the stock one and it will work. Do you guys think if I heated it with a torch to red hot that it would bend? I dont know what material it is.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Help with Enya 46-4c exhaust

Hot Dang, a man after my own heart, an electric to glow conversion Ive done a few also. Amazing new crop of electrics just crying out for a glow engine, but then agine I,ve also done a few RC to controlline conversions, Kinda fun watching the traffic jam on the other side of the freeway going the other way.

Perhaps Dave Shadels Twister might help your header problem:

http://www.pspec.com/details.asp?ProdID=52&category=4

I,ve always just made a simple tunnel as neccessary though.

John
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with Enya 46-4c exhaust

Check the copper plumbing fittings. I have used "sweat" elbows, clamped into place.

Les