Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

HK CS question about JR 10X conversion to 2.4

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

HK CS question about JR 10X conversion to 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
mikegordon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK CS question about JR 10X conversion to 2.4

So how long is long enough to wait to hear back from Hobby King's "customer service" and have a simple question answered? We're on day 5. Am I just being impatient?
How about someone on RCU giving me the answer. I know it's a long shot but who knows!
I'm wanting to convert my JR 10X 72mhz radio system to 2.4.
They have an Aasan module with 2 RX for 85 bucks and it lists a ton of JR radios that it is compatible with it but the 10X is not on the list. It does however include the -
PCM10, PCM10S, PCM10SX, PCM10IIs.
Here's the link;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8287
Thanks for any help I can get.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Kimhoff
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: HK CS question about JR 10X conversion to 2.4

It will work but if I were you I would look at the Hitec JR module.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
mikegordon10

Ok, I'll hear yer pitch, why should I go with Hitec? Are you 100% sure about the Aasan unit working with the JR 10 X?
In the group I Pylon Race with there are several racers using the Aasan units to convert FUBAR's. They are all happy with them.
I know HK is a PIA to work with but the module and 2 RX for 85 bucks is hard to beat and "I'm not exactly well off you know." (as the quote from "Hearts in Atlantis" goes.)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikegordon10

In the group I Pylon Race

Hmm going to Speedworld Saturday?

I have a JR10SX that I use with XPS Just five airplanes on it but this was my first 2.4 set up. Since Hitec has hit the market several years ago I no longer use the JR much.

I know you specifically asked about using the Hong Kong units in the JR and sorry I cannot offer any info there.

But you did ask about Hitec so here goes even if it gets down to just one thing and that is the deal breaker for me. That is the telemetry and The low on board voltage warning that hitec provides for even just the module rx combos use in other brands such as Futaba and JR. This saved an airplane once for me early on. While you don,t get the full telemetry using the 'Off brand tx'

Thats just one reason!

John[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62812.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1741005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21618.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1741006  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
mikegordon10

I've looked around on the net for the Hitec unit without much luck. I could see it on Hitec's site but that's no help when it comes to actually purchasing one. How about a link to where I could actually spend my dollars?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 AM
JohnBuckner

In stock

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBJBR&P=7

Ya, coming to Speedworld?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 AM
mikegordon10

Well after only 7 days Hobby King Customer Service finally got around to responding back to my question about the compatibility of the Aasan 2.4 module to a JR 10 X.

The responder asked me what the order # was.
There was no order # and there's not going to be until they will let me know if it will work with the JR 10X system!
I wrote the idiot back and explained that there was no order # and that he needed to actually read my question and then answer. This is the original question;

I'm wanting to order a 2.4 ghz Assan module and associated
receivers - HK part # X8 2.4GHz Combo pack for JR W/ Module & RX.
It lists compatibility with several JR 10 Channel Transmitters but the
one I have is known as a JR 10X. This is not specifically listed and
before I order it I want to be sure it will work* *I'll be looking
forward to your prompt answer. Respond to <[email protected]>
Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Maybe it doesn't translate well into Chinese. I don't know. Totally unbelievable!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, you have been on RCU sense 03, have you ever read any of the threads about Hobby Kings service or there back order and shipping problems? I do a little dealing with HK but often as not in the long run they can be more trouble then the deals are worth.
Last year I changed my Futaba 9-C over to 2.4 by buying a Hitec Module during one of there sales when they were trying to get people with the better old 72 radios to change over to 2.4 and start buying Hitec Receivers. The deal was $20.00 plus you ship them an old module {working or not} along with your check. I just happened to have several old 72 modules at the time.
I have been buying new Hitec receivers as money comes my way. I'm still flying a lot of planes on 72 too. The beauty of the module swap.
Hitec may still be having some deals like that? Futaba and JR both sell 2.4 modules but I haven't seen any for $20.00. Give them a call, 858-748-6948 or go on line at www.hitecrcd.com and ask if they have any deals going on, you never know.
Or you can keep asking Hobby King. Maybe you can get a number for HKs state side warehouse? Maybe even speak to someone that speaks English as a first language.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
JohnBuckner

I actually had one successful purchase with HK when they first opened and I considered it a test purchase and full well knew it was a risk but what the heck. The purchase was two Turnigy 52cc gas engines.

The engine ended up for two weeks in US customs SFO but I eventually got them This was around three years ago and both are flying now and serving acceptably, reliable and easy starting but low on power. This I fully expected and was not an issue. Well since I have purchased an OS 55GL at about three times the price but it is four times the engine that the turnigy is.

So would I ever purchase from them agine? Probably not. They are ok if you are aware that there will likely be no customer service. If that is ok with you then great if not -Well.

An interesting bit of info for you concerning the Hitec 2.4 Rx's. My latest count is 57 Rx's and consist of 7 6CH, 1 9CH and the rest 7CH keeping records of all purchases and all bought at the ongoing Hitec promos that Grey Beard spoke of. The promos vary but are mostly continuous and agressive marketing.

Anyway these 57 RX's have cost me a statictical average of fifty two bucks and change each. If that works for you fantastic if not then you will have to deal with the unknowns.

Will I be seeing you tomorrow at Speedworld? I am the gympy guy in the wheelchair if ya spot me, Stop and say hey[8D]

John
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
mikegordon10

I couldn't get outa town on a bet. Guess that's why I screw around with the Chinks, no dinero, if ya know what I mean.
But have fun without me. Check out CUPRA's web site at;
http://sites.google.com/site/cuprapylons/home
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
JohnBuckner

Well cool Mike and thanks for the link for your new type of pylon, Great looking little ships with the fifteens. I would bet they fly very nice and even cooler that ya'll are flying on a three pole course!

I finally quit pylon three years ago when I lost my last caller (had to move to another part of the country). Travel also has been becoming very difficult for me also. Now along comes a young whippersnapper of about forty that I have been mentoring in varous modeling venues and he has dragged my butt outta retirement for this RCPro race.

Oh man I even had to do a lube job on my chair

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23792.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1741939