Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

R/C Grave Marker

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

R/C Grave Marker

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
ds4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Grave Marker

I would like to ask if anyone has any Ideas for a Grave marker related to R/CPlanes? I want to make or buy one for my Grandfather who got me started in the hobby he loved.I have pictures of him with Free flight, Control line, even pictures of him and his squadron with their r/c planes on GuadalCanal during WWII. May marks 1 year since he passed and my mind seems to get so clouded when I try to come up with something.

Any ideas are appreciated. sorry if this is in the wrong Forum
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: R/C Grave Marker

ORIGINAL: ds4x4

I would like to ask if anyone has any Ideas for a Grave marker related to R/C Planes? I want to make or buy one for my Grandfather who got me started in the hobby he loved. I have pictures of him with Free flight, Control line, even pictures of him and his squadron with their r/c planes on Guadal Canal during WWII. May marks 1 year since he passed and my mind seems to get so clouded when I try to come up with something.

Any ideas are appreciated. sorry if this is in the wrong Forum
There are a number of things that you might do. One is to get a plaque and copy one of his old pictures and put it in the plaque. Make it a memory or dedictation plaque. They make some of them with a sealed window that will hold up in the weather. You could design a box and put a keepsake in it with a small memory plate. Just make sure anything you do you account for weather and that is wind, temperature extremes, and rain. You must seal items for grave markers really well.

Plexiglass works well too and you can cut to size what you would like to have. You could take Plexiglass and some aluminum and make an angled display plaque with a few pictures or other items. It can be stuck in the ground or if he has a headstone fix it so it will mount to the stone.

Hope this helps some.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Live Wire

For the Family Friends ,and the great love of the RC Hobby may he be remembered for his love of all. Just one idea from an old lover of the hobby.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 PM
jetmech05

Do you fly at a club? Instead of a grave marker why not name your field after him....the Fredericksburg Aeromasters has done that it is now Rector/McCarey field