Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Trexler tire question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Trexler tire question

Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Gypsy56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trexler tire question

So, after nearly fourty years of R/C, I finally bought a set of Trexler tires. They seem great except for one problem.
I can't keep air in them! Am I doing something wrong or is this normal. Instructions say to wrap the fill tube around the hub.
Maybe I should twirl or twist the tube first, I dunno. Maybe some sort of plug in the end of the tube?
What do you Trexler owners do?

Thanks
Ed
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trexler tire question

I twist the tube as I wrap it around the hub.
They don't like high speed take offs & landings as centrifugal force will sling the tube out . Easiest way to color the wooden hub is marking pen or I sand them nice & rounded & monocoat them . Be sure & use the Trexler air pump to inflate & when not in use be sure & let the air out . Keep them clean also & they will last a long time . Good luck , Max H.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something a lot of people do is to use the tip of a Robart Hinge as a plug for the valve. That worked pretty well for me for awhile.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like BixMax said, use an air pump, do not blow them up with your breath as, if you do, the moisture in the breath will soon rot out the tires from the inside. When not in use, keep out of the sun shine as that will also deteriorate the rubber.