Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Is this aircraft stand still being made?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Is this aircraft stand still being made?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM
jtgolfer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this aircraft stand still being made?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441625

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Tarasdad

Default RE: Is this aircraft stand still being made?

Found this:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eds-R...91567404203194
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Villa

That stand has one problem that users must be aware of. If you are standing in front of it with the engine running, if you go to full throttle the stand may tip over and cause a nasty situation. I would not want to be associated in any way with that stand; too dangerous and full of liability. We have 8 very sturdy stands at our field that stay permanently at the field. We named them "Engine Starting Safety Stands" to emphasize the safety feature of the stands. Some are close to ten years old and still in excellent shape. If anyone is interested I can post photos and free, detailed, plans. It is only natural that some will believe that "If they are careful, bad things will not happen". I am a very careful person but I am willing to admit that on 2-3 occasions I have started the engine with the throttle wide open. That will never happen to you? If it can, it will.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
fledermaus

Don't think that stand is intended for starting/running. As Villa said, it will tip if the plane produces enough thrust.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still Made??? I see several of them being used at the field though and the guys are using them as starting stands. I have seen them go over with just small glow engines and get blown over by the wind. Great flight box yes but not a good start up stand. I saw the wind blow over on this year with a nice scale Cub still on it. Broke the wing in half and did a clean snap of the fuse. I have a photo of a much better one on my other computer that belongs to a friend. I haven't seen his go over and he fires up a couple of planes with the OS .91 FS. I don't know if I would or not. His is a complete flight box all built in. Also no longer made!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 PM
H5487

jtgolfer,

The stand is still being made. It is called The Ultimate Flight Stand and is made by Precision Aero in Oconomowoc, WI. [link=http://www.precision-aero.com/shop/item/ultimateflightstand.html]Mash Here[/link]

I have one and it is great! It comes completely built but you have to varnish, stain, or paint it yourself. The stand is intended for the field assembly, disassembly, and light maintenance of aircraft. Nobody thinks that the stand is substantial enough to be used as a starting bench (and the instructions state so).

Harvey