Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Electric to Nitro conversion, Sky Scooter

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Electric to Nitro conversion, Sky Scooter

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Chris07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric to Nitro conversion, Sky Scooter

I am having a itch for more power for my Sky Scooter and I saw a guy on ebay that was selling one that had a little Nitro engine, like a kill bee in it. Can anyone recommend a good throttle-less motor that will run for 5+ min per tank and work good on the Sky Scooter? Also what is a good prop size for those little engines?
Old 09-03-2003, 03:20 PM
PatinIdaho.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric to Nitro conversion, Sky Scooter

Try this. Get a endoplasma rotate the endball 180 deg. Get a 6.0:1 gearbox and put a 12x10 prop on it. Get a 40 amp esc.Cut about 1 inch off the nose and make the motor hole bigger so the endo will fit. Sheet the bottom of the wing with 1/16 bulsa. Use a 10 cell battery pack like HR4/5FAUP cells. Cut the battery back twards the servo. Put somekinda spar on the wing before you sheet it or it will fold. This combo will take your scooter outta sight.

Pat