Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS 75AX muffler

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 75AX muffler

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 AM
halflight
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 75AX muffler

looking for a Pitts style muffler for the OS 75AX

will the Bisson muffler for the 65 fit?

help
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: OS 75AX muffler

The exhaust boss bolt pattern and dimension for the OS 65AX, 75AX and 95AX are all identical So the answer to your question should be Yes.

John
Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 AM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it will fit and work fine. I have that combination in my GP RV-4.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

The exhaust boss bolt pattern and dimension for the OS 65AX, 75AX and 95AX are all identical So the answer to your question should be Yes.

John
John, you know I like the Bisson Pitts type of muffler and don't have the pressure problems some folks have with a Pitts. Do you feel the same about the Bissons as say a slimline or the other plain box with a couple of pipes?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK keeping this in context for two stroke glow engines that already come with stock type mufflers I prefer to use the stock mufflers over any pitts type.

Now I am not talking about high performance type pipes both full and quarter wave that I do use a lot of for certain type airplanes (mostly racers).

Thats great that your brand works great and I am sure it does But there an awful lot of them out there that do not.

This almost always get involved with the fellows second or third airplane and they just gotta have that muffler completly hidden and that always follow that these same fellows are going to refuse to let the engine cool or even be able to adjust things like needle valves.

Instead I find it better to have them over and spend some quality time with them and a razor saw. Showing them how simple it really is to notch a fire wall and roll a little balsa sheet into a simple tunnel.

The sudden realization of hey that looks great and the engine is gonna run great and I don,t have to spent what 40,60 or more bucks.

Best of all I Don,t like the sound they make expecially when compared to the stock mufflers.

So I guess the answer is nope don,t care for 'em.