Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Is banna hobby worthy?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Is banna hobby worthy?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is banna hobby worthy?

Hello all, Ive seen a plane at the field today and the gentelman who owned it said he got it from banna hobby, Ive seen the plane and thinking of buying one, are they worthy of a online buy?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Is banna hobby worthy?

Everything I've heard about Banana Hobby says they are just about like Hobby King. Some of their stuff is serviceable, none of it is the best, and some of it is basic junk. I'd say if you're talking about a RTF plane and you liked what you saw, then go for it. Just understand that if you have trouble you're on your own.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I have purchased a number of planes from BH and for the price I have been satisfied. Customer service seems a bit different than what I expect. They do respond to the ticket system but it does take some time. One of the better ways to get results is a mfg forum on RC Groups. I experienced a problem with a micro jet and it took about three weeks to get replacement parts. BH shipping is slow but seems to be getting better. I will order from BH again but one has to realize that the low prices have their limitations, rapid ship, someone to solve problems on the phone and instant responses, all these things cost something. I prefer the low cost items, so yes I would recommend their products. You may have some adjusting to do buy we are involved in a hobby that requires a bit of tinkering!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
carrellh

Read this http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6958720 before making a decision.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
acejinx

I bought the p-38 from bh. I love it. I've had no problems (About four hours total on the plane) and the plane works perfectly. I was ready to modify and replace parts, but have been pleasently surprised.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
WaffleMan
My Feedback: (1)

Some of it is crap, and some isn't. If you liked the plane you saw at the field, Its probably not crap. But I would not spend more than I would be prepared to lose at any of those places.