Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wheel Keepers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM
briguyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Keepers

Hello im a newbie to the forums and to flying and my first plane is the Hobbico Nexstar Mini Ep. I want to make a mob and add larger wheels like RCUniverse did in one of their Youtube videos.
RCUniverse made a video a few years ago upgrading the wheels on the Hobbico Nexstar Mini EP and they mentioned that they used an extra " Wheel Keeper" to space it away from rubbing on the strut.
My question is where do i find these so called keepers?
Here is their video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrydfSvD1Mc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
~Brian
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel Keepers

Hey, Check this out.. the "keepers' as you called them are Wheel Collars.. Plenty to look at!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=QDD
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 AM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wheel Keepers

The video shows the reviewer using a nylon rather than metal collar - lighter in weight. If this were a glow plane or larger electric metal is OK. You might just cut your own chunk of nylon and drill a hole for the axle. All it's doing is holding the wheel hub away from the vertical bit of the nose wheel assembly so the wheel doesn't rub on the inside. You really don't need a collar that has a set screw to secure it to the axle.