Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sig Spacewalker Balance

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig Spacewalker Balance

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Spacewalker Balance

I reciently Bought a Sig Spacewalker 1/4 Scale But it came with no instruction manual or plans...I need to know How to balance this plane...I have looked on line and I can't seem to find anything thing concrete....One says 3.3/8" to 4 1/8 " back from the leading edge close to the fuse and another one has you balancing from the tip with the plane uprite....This make a huge differance....I really want to fly this plane so any help here will be apreciared....Also What to expect when I fly it..One thread says they dont fly so good...The 1/3 scale flys great but the 1/4 scale not so good....I had a Seagull spacwalker and thought it was great....Till I dorked it... Thanks in advanve
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Spacewalker Balance

Trying to balance a low wing airplane, right side up, is virtually impossible. The majority of mass is above the tipping point, so it will tip over on a heartbeat, grossly masking the desired result, Balance it upside down, near the fuselage. The limits specified are for whatever type of flying you want. Toward nose heavy, will make less tail responsive, toward tail heavy will make very twitchy.

Les
Old 09-30-2012, 06:40 AM
bikerbc

I am farmilliar with balancing both high wing and low wing planes , I have balanced lots of low wing planes before like the Tiger or the Ulta sport Etc etc.......I need the Sig Spacewalker Instructions and measurments...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 AM
carrellh

http://www.sigmfg.com/BuildManuals/S...alkerIISP.html
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The plans show C/G at 25%-30.5% of wing cord.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 AM
bikerbc

Thanks Fellas...Thats what I needed.....Now we will see weather this puppy will fly or not ...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
bikerbc

Well It I lost it on the Maiden....To keep it in the air I had to use full rite ail deflection and steer with the rudder I brought it around to land 4 times but could not get it to decend properly...I had guys on the field I was worried about and did not want to endanger anyone so I wanted a decient aproch...Every time I would get it lined up with the throttle off it was floating and I would give it down elevator to try and force it down but I could not get it where I wanted it so I would give it power and try again..On the fourth go around the motor quit and it stalled and spun in from about 100 feet....It must have been crabbing pretty bad because it stalled as soon as it lost power...It was broken in half before..You can see where the fuse has been fiberglassed back together......My son bought this for me and didn't really know how to look at a plane ...Still I thought it might fly..I was surprized when it was so darn hard to fly...Walkers are usually pretty easy to fly...Well I have more room now....