Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

prop with mousse can muffler

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

prop with mousse can muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 01:28 PM
dave19
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop with mousse can muffler

I have two OS .46 fx engines - one is stock with a 11x6 prop & the other engine with the mousse can muffler also has a 11x6 prop but it is over revving. Any one with the same combination have an idea what prop I should be using with the mousse can tuned exhaust?
Old 04-22-2002, 02:20 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default prop with mousse can muffler

Hello dave

Well in my opinion a 11X6 on a .46 will not over rev it..
Don't let the tone of the muffler fool you. It can take a 11X6 with that muffler all day with no worries. I have done torture tests on some engines and you would not believe what they can take!!

I put a 9X5 on GMS.47 and flew it wide open all day and guess what?? nothing happened. That engine is still flying right now after 100 flights easy. Your .46 will be just fine. Buy or borrow a tach and test it, you'll see it wont even be near 16,000.