Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Shady seller in RCU

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shady seller in RCU

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shady seller in RCU

Today I made a offer on a Southeast Models F-4 wood kit. The orginal price was 155. I made an offer of 140 shipped. He rejected my offer with a revised offer. See email below:

airraptor,

Thank you for your offer on the F4E Phantom II Aerojet .25 ducted fan jet - TIM this is for you (ID: 888150).

I would be willing to accept an offer along these terms:

Price: $140.00
Comments: I have this listed on eBay at $225 with 20 some watchers.
I'll accept $140 today only Dec 14th., shipped if a paypal payment is confirmed today. Saves me eBay fees and gets me to the gun show tomorrow
I do have a $155 offer from Tim but he hasn't shown yet so first come first served. I'll ship best way delivery confirmation.

IMPORTANT:

-To accept these terms, please return to the market and make an offer along these exact terms.

-To reject these terms, you may DO NOTHING or return to the ad and use the "Make Offer" tool to create a different offer.

To make another offer, go to http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=888150

Thank you,

Gimpy_Magoo

so I went to the market place to make the offer as above and then it said it was sold. I think that is shady to work the best deal by emailing all people making offers and trying to get the best price.

What do you guys think Is this guy shady?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shady seller in RCU

ORIGINAL: airraptor

Today I made a offer on a Southeast Models F-4 wood kit. The orginal price was 155. I made an offer of 140 shipped. He rejected my offer with a revised offer. See email below:

airraptor,

Thank you for your offer on the F4E Phantom II Aerojet .25 ducted fan jet - TIM this is for you (ID: 888150).

I would be willing to accept an offer along these terms:

Price: $140.00
Comments: I have this listed on eBay at $225 with 20 some watchers.
I'll accept $140 today only Dec 14th., shipped if a paypal payment is confirmed today. Saves me eBay fees and gets me to the gun show tomorrow
I do have a $155 offer from Tim but he hasn't shown yet so first come first served. I'll ship best way delivery confirmation.

IMPORTANT:

-To accept these terms, please return to the market and make an offer along these exact terms.

-To reject these terms, you may DO NOTHING or return to the ad and use the ''Make Offer'' tool to create a different offer.

To make another offer, go to http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=888150

Thank you,

Gimpy_Magoo

so I went to the market place to make the offer as above and then it said it was sold. I think that is shady to work the best deal by emailing all people making offers and trying to get the best price.

What do you guys think Is this guy shady?
From just what you have laid out here this seems deceitful to me if this is his standard practice. If it was a mistake then that is all it is, yet he should formally apologize for making the mistake. Doesn't seem that way though.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the seller took an offer before you responded (possibly Tim's offer) It's a bit hard to understand for me , but it seems like he would've taken 140 , but only if paid immediately and with confirmed address. I don't quite see anything shady here , but Wow, he is on a very speedy timeline. Too bad you didn't get the item , but if it is a little suspicious then perhaps that is best. To the gunshow we go.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:28 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

airraptor
I think you're out of line on this one. Could just be the guy isn't an experienced seller and familiar with accepted protocols

You made a lower than full price offer, then he made a counter offer. I've done the same thing before in telling people no thanks I have a better offer already. That gives the buyer a chance to make another offer if they wish.

If you look at the time line, your second $140 offer came in 8 minutes after the buyers full price offer http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/pub...temid%3D888150

The saying goes,, Ya snooze ya loose
Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We are going to close this down. If you have problems with sellers in the Market Place, you can contact RCU Moderator JWN with them. Thanks Dave