Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Retract Selection for FW190D9

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Retract Selection for FW190D9

Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
PigHeaded
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retract Selection for FW190D9

Hello,

I wanted to ask what others would do in the same situation. I am wokring on a Platt/Pica FW190D9. This is the older 65" wingspan version. Ineed to order retracts. I had intended to order Spring Air 709 units and get struts from Shindin Machine. I have had no luck getting in contact with Spring Air so far. So I was looking around and I see that Century Jet sells a set for this airplane. I am trying to get a price from then on just the main units and still use Shindin struts. Well so far I have not been able to get a price for just the units. But they did email me and told me if Iwanted to wait 30 days, that I can get electric versions for $40.00 more.

So now my questions are; Would you wait for the electric units? Is there a good reason to wait? This plane will be a gas plane. Would you keep trying to get in contact with Spring Air? Would you look at other options such as Robart or Lado?

Also has anyone been in contact with Lenny at Shindin recently? I have emailed several times and again, no response.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 AM
TomCrump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Retract Selection for FW190D9

See if Lenny answers his phone. That's how I made contact with him.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Mitavec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if you got retracts already, but what I have learned is that Lado's retracts and struts are the way to go. They are in France, with excellent service.