Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Are my batteries sufficient

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Are my batteries sufficient

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are my batteries sufficient

Hey Gang

I bought a 84"Eagle trainer that is made for a 26gas engine. I bought3305futabaservos for the rudder, ailerons and the throttle . I also bought Futaba 3010 metal gear servofor the elevator. My question is, will the battery pack that comes standard with the Futaba 6ex be enough to power these servos for a sufficient amount of flying time?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are my batteries sufficient

It will be marginal. Go larger ,1000 sub-c or better . May need the weight to balance the plane ,why add lead that does nothing . Max H.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:39 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are referring to a 4.8 volt 600milli-amp NiCd pack I would say no if using those servos. Seems they like to draw higher current and if that pack is not operating 100% then you may only get one flight.  I would get a larger NiCd pack around 1500-2000ma . If you can't find a larger NiCd pack and have to get a NiMh then I would put in a 2500ma NiMh pack. As stated if you are installing a gasser you may need to move weight around and a larger battery pack will allow this.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am in full agreement with Big Max and FW above but if your 6ex system is the 2.4 version and you are using four cell (4.8) flight pack then you need to convert to five cell (6) volt packs and for that airplane as FW noted at least 2000mah's.

I highly recommend that 2.4 only be operated on (6) volt packs which would be five cell packs if Nicd or Nimh.

Just an opinion

John