Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Small aluminum plates

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Small aluminum plates

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 12:04 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small aluminum plates

Does anyone know where I would be able to find a small aluminum plate? I need one that measures approximately 1 3/4 inch X 1 3/4 inch X 1/8 inch. I need it to replace the warped carb adapter plate on my RCS 1.40. I won't have trouble drilling and tapping the 5 small holes to attach the plate and allow for the carb pressure hole, but I might have trouble drilling the 5/8 inch hole in the middle... I think I can do it with a hand drill if I had the right sized drill bit though.. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Any ideas? I've got a dremal tool, a drill, and a vise to work with here. Or, where can I get one made at? I'm trying to find the price of making one, buying one, or buying the stock part (if I can).
Old 09-21-2003, 07:50 PM
bsindel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Small aluminum plates

RS2K

As for Material, if you can find a sheet metal shop in your area they will have a scrap bin around somewhere, and if you ask nicely they will probably give you a piece that size for nothing. One thing though, when drilling small aluminum pieces like that use the vise to hold the work. If you hold it in your hand and the drill binds up in the aluminum you can get a really nasty cut or worse.....[:@]

Bill Sindel