Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Piper PA-18 Super Cub

To any one I am looking for a set of 1/4 scale plans for a PA-18

Please PM me

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Hank McCabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Hi Bob T do you want free plans or do you want to pay for them ?. If you want free good luck. Hanger 9 sells a nice 1/4 scale PA-18 super cub just call them or email and tell them you need a set of plans. Hell they can't cost that much.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 338 Likes on 270 Posts

The H9 Super Cub doesn't come with plans. Knowing what I know about ARF manufacturing I doubt the drawings would help you much in any case as they are all jig built.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:23 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having owned a couple of Hangar 9 Arf Cubs, I would rather buy than build. And I am die hard kit person. Hangar 9's Cubs are great buys.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM
rt3232

Thanks guy's

No I am not looking for free and I realy don't need the whole set to be specific what I am looking for is the out line of the fire wall and the tail feathers.

I picked up a 1/4 BUSA nib kit from a sale and planning to convert it to a super cub I have the articulate gear I have had a couple of sig cubs, lost my last one to a bad elevator servo and they are just to much fun not to have one.

I can fake the tail feathers from three view pic's but the fire wall I different, So any help would be greatly appericated.

Cheers Bob T
AMA13377
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Hank McCabe

I found the plans for the PA-18 Non super cub thank you. NOWI AM SEEKING A ARTICAL IN ANY MODEL AIRPLANE MAGIZINE 1984-1985-1986 THAT FETURES A WRITE UP ON BUD ATKINSONS SPORT T-34. wing span is 56 inches kit no is 50K222. please try and understand the following . I have the plane and plans I have everything in the box to build the plane. I have no problem paying for a magazine or a copy of the bench test results , and the write up on the Sport T-34 designed by Bud Atkinson. Bud passed away, so I don't need his address either. And please do not direct me to Air Are Media or ebay or Craig's list ( been their done that ) also if you were born after 1984, you would not be a good source. ( no offence intended ) For example I get this ( HEY DUDE IS THAT PLANE OUTUA STRYFOAM ) I Know their is someone out there who has the magazine or the article I seek and it will most likely be in black and white print, Color or B & W is ok with me. IF YOU HAVE WHAT I NEED please email me at [email protected] you don't have to go through R/C universe if you chose not to. MY NAME IS HANK If you should need any additional information like the picture of the plane on the box ( it's blue & white ) Please feel free to contact me Thank You.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:43 AM
rt3232

Default plans

Hank

you might try googling for old R/C magg;s. There are a coupla of guys that are allways at the Toledo Show in april, and as I recall they sorces for old mag's. Had to trash all of my old mag'''s when we down sized our home, a few years back..

Good Luck

Cheers Bob T

P S BTW I did get all of the info I needed to bash the kit as planed

Last edited by rt3232; 02-15-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 02-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Hank McCabe

Thanks Bob I did try the only airplane swap meet we had here in Tucson and I did buy some magazines from the middle 1980's, the article was not in them , but I bought them anyway. I enjoy looking through them. I do place adds in Craig's list here in Az. and other states. Yesterday I subscribed to the magazine '' Model Airplane news '' they claim to have back issues from 1926 available. I hope so cause it's either them or I got to build a time machine. I understand about down sizing your living area . We now live in a 1br apt. and I have 1/4 scale J-3 Piper Cub , and no room to build it. I see you like the F4U- Corsair Beautiful Airplane. Way back when I was station in Jacksonville Fla. I took a ride in a P-51 Mustang , it's cost me 2 months pay but it was worth it. But I still favor the Corsair maybe it's because of the gull wing for prop. clearance. Anyway thanks again and if you just want to email and shoot the breeze you got my number.

Hank