Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

C G

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
gphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C G

Changed a Tower 40 trainner over to a tailwheel version. Done it before and works great. This plane has eng change and lighter 2.4 receiver etc. Anyway because of the new gear larger wheels became nose heavy. I did not want to hang weights on the outside so made a panel in the tail, bottom side got some fishing sinkers and put them on some small bolts through the panel plate with a washer. Question is do you guys think the balsa will be strong enough or should I make the door out of thin ply? I don't think there will be much movement other than vibration and landings. Going to work well. Can get in there any time I want and remove weights or add, if needed. This panel is one like you would see on top of a plane to have access to the fuel tank etc. Ok I will be watching. gphil
Old 06-03-2013, 03:02 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default RE: C G

I would go with some ply, better to be safe than sorry. Balsa is a little soft.

Vince
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup. either ply or (if balsa is all you have) fiberglass the balsa first
Old 06-04-2013, 07:54 AM
gphil

Well I figured as much,,,,, no problem,     Ply it will be I 'll feel better about it.  I just have  tendency to overbuild sometimes.   Thanks guys   gphil