Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RCG-20 gas Engine problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RCG-20 gas Engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Grifmode4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCG-20 gas Engine problem

Purchased a HobbyKing RCG20 EI gas engine 6 months ago and installed it on a BigStik 60. Started ok on the ground using a 12 oz sullivan tank and seems ready to run. Took off and engine died in mid air. Found air bubbles in line. Checked lines/tank for leaks....tested in water and none found. Took off and quit again......replaced tank with a 8 oz and 3/32 line......thinking that the tank size was too tight for the 60 plane causing foaming. Took off and quit again in the air. Seen no air bubbles in line, but still quits in the air. You can start it and rev it up with no problem on the ground ....take off ok and get about 100 ft and engine starts popping like air bubbles and then quit. It seem that it quits banking at around 20 deg turn to the left. I can remove the tank and mount it on the top of the wing....run it on the ground and shake the tank and runs ok. I have tried a felt chucker to see if it will correct the problem.....no fix.

Has anyone had any problems like this before?

Uses 25:1 oil mix.....93 octane gas......apc 15 x 8 prop

Thanks
Grif
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
paof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCG-20 gas Engine problem

HI check The color o your spark plug. White. Color is to Link. Try 30 : 1 oil radio.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: RCG-20 gas Engine problem

Bubbles would be the fuel lines either in or outside of the tank. First thing to do with any of the engines from China {including DLE} is to toss the no name plug and replace it. I have seen those Chinese plugs arc everyplace except the electrode. Other then that it would just be the tune.