Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wing jig parts

Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 AM
Calvinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing jig parts

Hi everyone,

I have pulled my home made wing jig out of mothballs to build my Ultra Sport 40's and could not find my 1/4" shaft collars, does anyone know where I could source these out cheap? So far it sounds like they could be expensive. If I cannot find them for around .50 cents apiece I will have to fab my own. I need 44 of them.

The collars are usedon either side of each rib on both shafts to hold them inline with the plans so I can glue in the spars. If anyone uses a different technique or have a better idea I would be interested in hearing it. I thought of clothes pins but they have spring wire on each side, maybe a plastic cloths pin?

Calvi
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Wing jig parts

I use some automotive rubber hose with a slightly smaller ID than the rods ,cut them about 3/4" long , split them & slipped them over the rods . easy to install & remove. Max
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Calvinman

Default RE: Wing jig parts

Thanks Max,

That is one lgood idea, I wont even have to slide my ribs off to put them on, I like it!!!

Calvi