Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Airplane Gyros

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplane Gyros

Im flying a PK T28 Trojan (the big one), I've been flying by myself about 4 months, when the wind speed is low (5-8 mph) I have no problems at all, I can do good touch and goes, and land her pretty good, But when the wind gets a little stronger 10mph and up I just don't fly her, she gets pushed around too much, and landings can be tough. Some of the guys have gyros in their plans at the field I fly at, and they seem to fly pretty good in 10-15 mph winds. The receiver, and radio are spektrum, my radio is a DX6i. First off do you guys recommend me getting a gyro with only 4 months flight experiance, and if so could you recommend a good gyro thats easy to instal, and set up.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
1320Fastback

You could certainly try a gyro. My buds and I have used some of the HK orange gyros with success. They install easily and are basic to adjust.

Your experience won't cause a issue at all. It sounds like you know how to fly already. A gyro will just make little corrections faster than you can. Nothing more.

Have you tried to add weight to your plane? A heavier plane will penetrate gusts without being throw around AS much.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM
jetmech05

IMHO learn to fly in the wind and learn what the rudder is for....instead of buying a gyro buy a heavier airplane with more power. Learn to fly well with out the aid of a gyro, in the long run youll be a better pilot for it
Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

+1 for what jetmech05 said.