Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Aileron servo died

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hangar 9 Aileron servo died

Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Aileron servo died

I was flying my Alpha 40 today and the aileron servo died on me the plane was brought back with no damage. The plane only uses a single aileron servo for both ailerons it was the original Hangar 9 servo that came with the plane. Can anyone recommend a good servo to use for the aileron ?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 02:14 AM
jetmech05

Any standard servo will work good
Old 10-05-2013, 02:26 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want to use Tower Hobbies for quick mail order, they have Futaba S148's or 3003 or 3004 servos that would work just fine and sell for a reasonable cost. If bought in bulk you could even have a spare , or replace the other servos if you have reason to believe they may be suspect. There are lots of servos that will work, these are the ones i use in all my trainers....Gene
Old 10-05-2013, 06:51 AM
bikerbc

Hi-Tec 425
Old 10-05-2013, 04:29 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p3arljam
I was flying my Alpha 40 today and the aileron servo died on me the plane was brought back with no damage. The plane only uses a single aileron servo for both ailerons it was the original Hangar 9 servo that came with the plane. Can anyone recommend a good servo to use for the aileron ?

Thanks
Have a really close look and wiggle of the lead and plug also the flying lead from the RX if you use one.

More often than not this is the problem.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As mentioned, any standard servo will work just fine. Good Luck, Dave
Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You should try to figure out why it failed. If the motor burned up, your control surfaces may be binding. It's easy enough to figure out if that's it by opening up the case and putting receiver battery voltage directly to the leads on the motor can. Broken gears are the result of rough handling and transport most of the time. That's the problem if you can hear the motor running when you push the stick but nothing moves. If the wire got pulled out you have a wire routing/setup problem, and don't ignore that it could be at the receiver pins. A pot or circuit board failure is just random bad manufacturing which you can't do anything about, but those are amazingly rare.