Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

gopro users help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

gopro users help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:41 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default gopro users help!!!!

Hello fellas, I am in need of advice. I want to get one of the go pro cameras to start filming in some of my aerobatic planes, here is my question,,there is a gopro, a gopro hero, a hero1, a hero2, a hero3, I am not sire which way to go,,I want a good clear quality pic and sound, but I don't need the latest and greatest gadget, so which way to go, what is with all the different versions,,,any help would be appreciated. ,,I'm confused.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Each one is just a bit better than the ones before. The Hero 3 is the current model, but it's confusing because they do it in 3 colors. The black is the best one will all the new features, the silver is essentially a Hero 2 in a new case, and the white is a Hero 1 with a couple of improvements. Truthfully any of them will give you HD quality video strapped to a plane. The silver is a good middle of the road choice because of the faster frame rate it will give you noticeably better quality video. None of them will give you good sound without an external microphone attached, but it doesn't matter for aerial video.