Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

C A Glue

Old 10-13-2013, 02:06 PM
davidhand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C A Glue

I have 1/2 bottle of medium C A glue that has started to go thick in the bottle. Is there a thinner for this or should I just toss it?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:09 PM
hookedonrc

I would just toss it. There isn't anything that I know of that can restore it. And I wouldn't trust it any way.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:59 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You 'could' do some test gluing two pieces of wood together....but I don't think it is wise as the 'thick' CA will take forever to kick and probably won't be a strong as using newer CA.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Just toss it. When you are not using it, you can refrigerate your glue and it will extend your shelf life a great deal. Good Luck, Dave
Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Once it starts to thicken it's a tosser. I buy it in large bottles and just keep it in the freezer, I fill a two ounce bottle that is left on my bench to work with. All I have noticed when it starts to thicken is a longer cure time but it still holds well. It just tends to thicken up fast once it starts to get solid. Unless you have a big bottle of it it's nothing to worry about. Just toss it.